9 replies to this topic

#1 mus1cgu7

mus1cgu7

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 07:39 AM

Hi,

First of all....you guys ROCK! so much info on this site I spend hours everyday and theres still so much more to learn blink.gif !!!

I have a xenium ice on my box beerchug.gif , so I have the xenium os2 and also xecutor.

A couple of questions:

1. Everytime I start up I go to the Xenium OS...even though I have set evox as my default...I want to automatically go to evox but am scared to set that option because then how will I come back to the xenium os2 if something goes wrong?

2. I have decided that I love my xbox too much rolleyes.gif so am gonna go in for a larger harddisk...but am confused about SATA, ATA, ATI etc will either of these 2 be ok? (and can you recommend either one?)

a)Western Digital Caviar 200GB IDE ATA/100 8MB cache 7200RPM
b)Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 200GB IDE ATA/100 8MB

I found at via the net at this site:
http://www.komplett....kl.asp?bn=10089

Thanks in advance,
Mag

#2 VeXoN

VeXoN

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 09:47 AM

1. Everytime I start up I go to the Xenium OS...even though I have set evox as my default...I want to automatically go to evox but am scared to set that option because then how will I come back to the xenium os2 if something goes wrong?

Once you set it to boot directly to EvoX you can boot by pressing the eject button to get back to the Xenium OS menu.

2. I have decided that I love my xbox too much rolleyes.gif so am gonna go in for a larger harddisk...but am confused about SATA, ATA, ATI etc will either of these 2 be ok? (and can you recommend either one?)

You need an ATA drive. I would stick with the common brands Maxtor, Western Digital, or Seagate.

a)Western Digital Caviar 200GB IDE ATA/100 8MB cache 7200RPM
b)Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 200GB IDE ATA/100 8MB

Either will work fine.

#3 mus1cgu7

mus1cgu7

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 05:45 PM

Hey,
Thanks for the reply.

Will flip a coin and see which HDD to buy...or will see which one is cheaper/discounted laugh.gif

you can boot by pressing the eject button to get back to the Xenium OS menu

Dont really know what you mean over here because when in Evox I used to press the eject button to load a DVD and it stayed in Evox...(i think) will try it again and let ya know or will just set it to load automatically to evox and if things go wrong...will come back here and post coz you guys are fuc*ing brainy and really helpful to us newbies.

M$ could learn quite a few things for their non-existant "support dept" from how helpful you guys are, but then again, they can learn how to make a really good mediapl@yer from team XBMC (Those guys REALLY rock)

Thanks again,
Mag

#4 awal

awal

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
  • Interests:XBOX
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 10 August 2004 - 05:59 PM

what he was saying was when the xbox is off you can hit the eject button and it will boot to the xenium os or you can turn it on with the small button and it will boot evox

Edited by awal, 10 August 2004 - 06:00 PM.

#5 VeXoN

VeXoN

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (awal @ Aug 10 2004, 06:02 PM)
what he was saying was when the xbox is off you can hit the eject button and it will boot to the xenium os or you can turn it on with the small button and it will boot evox

Exactly, sorry I wasnt more clear on that.

#6 mus1cgu7

mus1cgu7

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 August 2004 - 01:06 AM

Awal,VeXoN - Thanks guys.

Will get back at ya if I have any problems, while waiting for my new hdd am reading up as much as i can here.

If you have any tips, suggestions, tools for me to dl,links etc etc to help me on my way...they are most welcome if not...will continue to read here.

Thanks again for helping out a newb.
-Mag

#7 VeXoN

VeXoN

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 11 August 2004 - 02:00 AM

Hmmm most usefull tools....
Qwix - To create or extract Xbox image files.
ConfigMagic - To lock / unlock hard drive ect.
XBox Media Center - Windows media player for XBox.

Best Dash
UnleashX

#8 VeXoN

VeXoN

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 11 August 2004 - 02:15 AM

Forgot to mention Dvd-X so you can play any region dvd's.

#9 mus1cgu7

mus1cgu7

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 06:16 AM

Hey,
Thanks for replying.

Qwix - Ok, will start looking for that, but didnt see it at xb*ns, will try google now

ConfigMagic - I thought I wouldnt need this since OS2/evox offers quite a bit of options, but since you suggested will check it out

XBox Media Center - Already got it!! Those guys R*O*C*K!! laugh.gif Love it lovvvvveee it!

Best Dash: UnleashX - Ok, dl'ed it and ran it..will check it out in more detail the next time i fire up the box

Dvd-X - Dl'ed it, but its in ISO format...have to dl an app to extract the stuff from there..

Thanks,
Mag

#10 mus1cgu7

mus1cgu7

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 06:27 AM

Update:
Got Qwix, was looking in the wrong section....it was in PC was looking in XBOX

Will post back if i run into any walls laugh.gif

Cheers,