• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 blehbrian

blehbrian

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 06:22 PM

My cousin recently bought and modded an XBox; after checking out what it can do, I've "seen the light" and decided to make the plunge as well. I have a handful of questions before I go ahead and purchase one. First of all, I'd like to list the reasons on why I'm purchasing an XBox and if what I desire is possible.

My goals:
- watch divx / xvid files from DVD-R's as well as replaced HD.
- watch original USA / Korean DVD's (different regions).
- play original US / Japanese games.
- play backed-up US / Japanese games.

I realize this is all possible on an American bought XBox, but my situation is a bit different. I'm currently staying in Korea and I've been contemplating buying a Korean XBox. I was wondering if I would encounter any difficulties if I purchase a Korean XBox and bring it back to America. I'm under the impression that the NTSC format is the same in Korea as it is in America, but I'm not quite sure about that. The reason I'd even consider buying an XBox in Korea is because used ones are pretty cheap here, and my cousin would be able to handle all the soldering stuff that I have no experience in. Basically, are there any potentially problematic dangers in buying a Korean XBox? Perhaps all the menu's are written in Korean or something?

I did a few searches about an app that lets you switch the region of your XBox; I was wondering if this is something you have to do manually each time you want to watch a certain DVD? ie, one day I stick in Scarface (USA), and the next day I put in Beat (Korean), would I have to switch some setting each time, or would it be automatic?

Same question applies for playing US and Japanese games - I have an interest in the Japanese release of Street Fighter 3: Third Strike, so I was wondering if I'd be able to play the original or a backed up copy without any issues?

I will continue reading the forums and utilizing the search feature, but my time here is somewhat limited so I was hoping to make a decision fairly soon. As a sidenote, I have no interest in XBox Live in any way, shape, or form. Thanks!

-Brian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users