thebear0x

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 10 August 2004 - 10:37 PM

http://www.friendtech.com/

ok check this out they have a switch that cranks it up to 1.4 mghz.. you can buy an upgraded hd for xtra money! but it doesnt come with bios or a chip or anything that good. its around 500 to start then another 100 for the hd, which comes with nothing on it. its regional specific too.....

read through the faqs, but wow 600 USD

#2 bigga

bigga

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 10 August 2004 - 10:42 PM

This is old news now, it also has 128MB ram upgrade. Probably only really better for some emulators and XBMC to get movies to play more smoothly. And the switch makes it run @ 1.4Ghz. I wouldn't knock it, id like to see you install a new processor into the xbox

#3 thebear0x

thebear0x

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 10:56 PM

Thats not really the point its the cash for what you are getting, a beefed up xbox for 600 USD that really isnt that functional. Really nothing comes on the 120 HD that is useful, you are regionally limited, and you have to use the DVD remote, it doesnt play all the games well, It just doesnt seem functional to me.

what I am saying is....its alot of money for something that you would have to turn around on and spend another 30-60 bucks and time and effort. I know its mainly to due with laws and copyrighting. BUT DAMN! its alot of money.

Can I make one....well NO. but other than these guys who in the hell can???

#4 heinrich

heinrich

..assuming the role of God

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,576 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 August 2004 - 11:06 PM

a modchip is installed on the xbox.

#5 thebear0x

thebear0x

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 11:36 PM

"Yes, the FriendTech DreamX-733 can play DVDs and games from different regions. In addition, it can play movie, audio, and graphic files in a variety of formats--including wmv, avi, rm, asf, mpeg, ac3, wav, mp3, png, jpg, jpeg, bmp, gif, and more.

If you don't have the DreamX-733, you'll need to install a mod chip and load a console/BIOS that supports multiple regions. Otherwise, an unmodded Xbox will be set to the region from where you first use the DVD plugin."

its 1480 which is not the x-733 I am talking about so it looks like you will need a mod chip? /shrug

#6 pepsik

pepsik

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 11:45 PM

no friendtech sells modded units.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users