triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 August 2004 - 12:19 AM

I've got the dump of an eeprom that was too corrupt to boot the box it was on.. The owner has no other back up of this file and a locked hdd. Some fields are corrupted, others are not. I'm thinking that either the Confounder Key/Encrypted HDD key is corrupted, or the hash of those two fields that is found at the very behinning of the eeprom is corrupted. Assuming it is only the hash of the fields, is it possible to regenerate that hash with any apps (assuming the data its hashing is valid).
Neither Liveinfo or Eepmod will give me anything of value, because they see the image is corrupted. (That is what let me to belive its one of the fields I mentioned causing problems)
Thanks in advance if by chance anybody has any idea.

#2 Minus_Sign

Minus_Sign

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 August 2004 - 05:27 AM

That is so odd... im having the exact same problem!! eepmod did nothing for me though i havent done anything with liveinfo, maybe i should try getting something of use from that program...

if anyone can help out it would be greatly appreciated!

#3 chimpanzee

chimpanzee

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 11 August 2004 - 08:32 AM

No. you cannot.

The hash is used to generate the key used to encrypt/decrypt the fields. So if it is corrupted, the key cannot be determined and no way to decrypt the fields(confounder and HDDkey).

#4 catdog2

catdog2

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 11 August 2004 - 10:31 AM

I have a eeprom/harddrive combo in the exact same situation as yours. I even got as far as re-compiling liveinfo without the error checking to see if it could generate the password.... to no luck. As chimpanzee said, the key is determined from the hash - and since the hash is corrupt, the eeprom cannot be decripted.

The next step is to hardcode the key into the software. I believe this was the case with the original version of liveinfo, but that only worked on v1.0 xbox's so I could not use it directly. Looking around the net turned up most of the xbox keys, but I couldn't find the v1.1 eeprom key which is used on v1.1-1.5.

So:
1) Download the sourcecode for liveinfo (thanks team assembly for sharing smile.gif )
2) Find out the v1.1 eeprom key
3) Hardcode the key into the software, and remove the hash error checks
4) Compile
5) Send me a copy so I can unlock my drive too wink.gif

I didn't see much demand for this, so havn't taken it very far.

#5 triggernum5

triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 August 2004 - 03:31 PM

I'll look into trying that, thanks.. I got more help than I was expecting, I was half expecting to get flamed for trying to play god or something.. Hopefully, it works, and if not, its only a stock hdd anyways..
I wasn't sure whether the hash was needed to decrypt, or just to validate the fields for security purposes. Thanks for enlightening me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users