DeathGrind

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 11 August 2004 - 07:06 AM

I was changing the the XBMC.xml file around, something in the script is not right and now I can't ftp into my xbox to fix it, because XBMC is my dashboard, and the XBMC is entiltled avalaunch.xbe because that's the first boot order on my Xecuter 2.3b lite. What do I do.
Is there anyway to get in my xbox.

#2 ClevIndn

ClevIndn

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 August 2004 - 07:39 AM

Burn a CDRW/DVD with evox on it. Be sure to edit the settings file for your specific needs (dhcp/static, etc.). Name the xbe default.xbe and it should load before trying to load your dashboard. FTP in and corrent the mistake. Hope this helps.

#3 nimbles

nimbles

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • Interests:Student, Mathematical Finance.<br>Most sports, footbal (Arsenal fan), cricket &amp; rugby<br>Movie Junkie.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 11 August 2004 - 10:29 PM

been helping some people recently who do their editing on the xbox directly, please ftp to your pc first do the editing in notepad/context/uledit/ whatever, then save- then open it in ineternet explorer- if it opens ok then there are no errors, and you can go ahead and replace the old one

otherwise you start getting errors quite easily- there are alot of tags very easy to make a mistake happens to everyone wink.gif

but yeah ClevIndn is spot on- create an evox/avalaunch/unleashx boot disc editing the settings ini/xml file to the required netowrk config and then ftp in correct the problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users