Photo

Do You Think Halo 2 Will Be Released Early?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you think halo 2 will be released early?

Do you think halo 2 will be released early?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 stevey5036

stevey5036

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 11 August 2004 - 05:40 PM

I for one dont think so but there are people on the board who are positive that it will be released early.

#2 r00kzz

r00kzz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 11 August 2004 - 10:12 PM

hell nooo , but i do think they will give us a tease , perhaps a multiplayer or single player demo

#3 feflicker

feflicker

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,626 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 August 2004 - 10:39 PM

Nope! It is about money, not pulling a prank on the fans of the game jester.gif

#4 yaazz

yaazz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 11 August 2004 - 11:02 PM

I wish, but i dont think it will

#5 shavedrat

shavedrat

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 11 August 2004 - 11:12 PM

Theyre just hyping us up about the game early. They want peolpe talking about it so it will be more well known.

Remember janet jackson's warddrobe mishap at the superbowl? She wanted people talking about her in the hopes it would promote her upcoming album. I know this isnt the same at all, but bungie just wants people aware of the product.

#6 Static X

Static X

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 410 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 12 August 2004 - 01:03 AM

I don't see them putting the game out early. It would be great if they did, but it isn't gonna happen.

#7 bigjonny

bigjonny

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 04:08 AM

yeh i dont think its comin early eventhough i hope it does but if u check out the last little diary or journal entry from the 6th it is a little convincing and theres this shirt that says somethin like 11+9+4=24 idk wierd

#8 DuDeR MaN

DuDeR MaN

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 August 2004 - 05:53 AM

from a marketing standpoint, they would have to be drunk off their asses to release it early. This whole ilovebees thing has gotten out of hand. Now Bungie is smart in the sense that they got a hell of alot of free advertising. But the problem is this could be a bad thing for them if nothing exciting happens the 24th. There definatley will be a backlash from the gaming community. Now will this hurt their sales come November? possibly, but what they don't want are angry gamers... people can get easily pissed off when they don't get what they want and in this case expect.

so do I think they will release it early? HELL NO. Will they release a demo? probably not but I think it's best for them if they do.

#9 r00kzz

r00kzz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 06:25 AM

Yeah i remember how i wanted doom 3 soo bad and the delay after delay and i remember when people thought that the geforce 3 or 4 can handle doom 3 but we sooon after a couple of years find out it can barely run it. So when doom3 came out this month i really didnt care as much , more a pain in the ass to update hardware so what the last post said is true , if you dont deliver , gamers do get frustrated and can hurt sales, the whole wait for doom truly killed the excitement for the release and now im focusing more on halo2 =))))) heh , i hope they do deliver something to the gamers , it would have to be a single player demo or multi or there will be alot of gamers disgusted , but i think there is somethign special planned otherwised M$ + Bungie would clear this ilovebees.com shit up quick , but its clearly shown that they do have some plan with the proof of cinematic trailers of halo2 showing ilovebees.com.

DAM MS + BUNGIE NERDS LOL

U GUYS BETTER DELIVER SOMETHING GOOD UNTIL THE REAL RELEASE NOV 9
heh

#10 DuDeR MaN

DuDeR MaN

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 August 2004 - 05:44 PM

that is a great point with doom. I was really excited when it was announced as well but the constant delays and all ruined it. I didn't even know it came out until I saw it in best buy while I was shopping. Don't get me wrong, I still bought it and was impressed by it by I wasn't thrilled about getting it as I once was and I only bought because I'm a fan of the original doom.

#11 stevey5036

stevey5036

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 12 August 2004 - 11:57 PM

bump

keep voting

#12 Mad A

Mad A

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 01:24 AM

I believe Frankie of Bungie has already confirmed that Halo 2 will keep its Nov. 9th release date, no demo on the 24th, only a official xbox magazine exclusive preview with new information. There might be more than this, but this is what has been confirmed thus far.

#13 r00kzz

r00kzz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 02:57 AM

ROFL if thats the case , thats sad , this ilovebees.com site is pointless and useless =)

#14 PENiX

PENiX

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 13 August 2004 - 03:18 AM

A bunch of stores as well as online stores already have like millions of pre-orders so im thinking that they wouldnt appreciate them releasing it early.

And the ilovebees stuff is only for those h4rdc0r3 people. I think it would be a lot funnier if nobody noticed the url in that trailer.

Its pointless getting all involved in that junk, just wait for the game to come out, it will keep you way more busy than trying to play an online treasure hunt.

#15 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Music, Computers, Video Games

Posted 13 August 2004 - 08:28 PM

BUNGIE OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED IT WILL NOT BE RELEASED EARLY AND A DEMO WILL NOT BE RELEASED EITHER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users