• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 22inBaLLeR

22inBaLLeR

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 12:18 AM

Hey all. First post here but i am not an xbox newbie by any means. I have modded many boxes. I just did one that has a philips drive...2.3b lite with the wires install. It wouldnt read my dvdr boot disc so i used my cdrw version of 4981.06. Flashed fine then. Now it wont read many of the games...games that i know work fine on other modded boxes. Xecuter 2 comes up when the box boots...then i get the dirty or damaged disc error. A few games work but the majority do not.

I used the search button first but didnt find any ways to make the drive read better and peoples results with bumping up the pots all seemed like it caused more problems than anything. Can someone please help me out??? iI there anything i can do short of replacing the drive? i am using ritek dvd-r all burned at 1x...they work great on all other boxes i have done.

Thanks in advance...

-BaLLeR-

#2 gamerguy999

gamerguy999

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 12 August 2004 - 12:21 AM

Does it read original games(not burned)?

#3 22inBaLLeR

22inBaLLeR

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 01:07 AM

Whats an original game???

ya, seem to boot fine...only a few of the backups i have tried work though...

the rest give me the dirty disc error.

-B-

#4 22inBaLLeR

22inBaLLeR

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 02:21 AM

i went thru my old backups on some different media...verbatum...comp usa cheapies...memorex...they alll semm to work fine. The ritek is about 45% of the time...some work great others dont...no real rhyme or reason to it...

anyone else have any ideas?

-B-

#5 gamerguy999

gamerguy999

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 12 August 2004 - 03:02 AM

Don't use ritek.

#6 22inBaLLeR

22inBaLLeR

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 05:41 PM

duh.

problem is, i dont have space on hd for 300+ dvdr backups. 90% that i have burned have all been on ritek media. Now if i burn from ritek to say verbatum...we'll see if that works. I have never run into any product, let alone an xbox that wouldnt read riteks...gotta be a shitty drive.

no doubt about it at this point.

-B-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users