#1 mistafreeze

mistafreeze

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 12:59 AM

Hi,

Just got an XBox with Avalaunch installed on it. I'm trying to network it with my TiBook (mac). Ethernet cord is connected directly from TiBook to XBox, yet I get no IP on the XBox end and my Tibook cannot browse anything on the XBox (has built in ftp and can see everything else on the network just fine, all other sharing options are activated and work ok).

When I start up Avalaunch it says "No Link!", followed by 0.0.0.0 Err X in the lower left hand corner.

Can someone please help?

#2 Thraxen

Thraxen

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 12 August 2004 - 01:32 AM

Did you use a crossover network cable? Unless you go through a router or hub you need to use a crossover cable.

#3 mistafreeze

mistafreeze

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 01:49 AM

QUOTE (Thraxen @ Aug 12 2004, 02:35 AM)
Did you use a crossover network cable? Unless you go through a router or hub you need to use a crossover cable.

yeah i just realized i wasn't using one (thought i was). i'm usually able to network comp to comp w/o one.

regardless, i now have the xbox hooked up through my router and i'm getting an ip, but i can't connect to it. i can get online via avalanche, but i can't connect to the xbox on any of the computers on the network.

any thoughts?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users