trackfive

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 August 2004 - 03:36 AM

I have an Xbox here that is 99% dead. I will explain why it's only 99 in a sec. It's modded with an Xecuter 2.x? (whatever the latest one is). It was flashed with the latest X2 bios. No apps or anything on the original HD...running all things from dvd discs. Well...all was perfectly fine for about a month...then the call came..."the dvd drive won't eject...it just blinks, but won't eject". So I took a look at it...and sure enough, it wouldn't eject. I noticed that when I turned the mod chip off, I was getting the "Xbox needs service" message, but with it on, it would go to the dash like normal. So...I took out the dvd drive and tried one from a working Xbox and it was working fine...so I figured it was a bad dvd drive. So I turned the mod chip off and put in an Xbox live game to test it...it's a 1.1 Xbox, so it didn't even have the Live dash...so naturally, it told me the dash needed to be updated...so I did it. It went to the dash (remember, before it wouldn't go to the dash, got the error screen), and it said it successfully updated. So now...the thing will only boot to discs...even with the mod chip on, I get the custom error screen (the one that explains the error codes). It will boot a game disc just fine...I tried booting to Avalaunch from a disc, and it worked, but I also noticed it couldn't make a network connection, even though everything was hooked up properly. So that's why i say it's 99% dead...it will run anything from a disc, but forget doing anything with it without a disc in it...dead, dead, dead.

I need some help from the elders here! cool.gif

Edited by trackfive, 12 August 2004 - 03:42 AM.

#2 trackfive

trackfive

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 August 2004 - 12:38 PM

bump

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users