2 replies to this topic

#1 maaark

maaark

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 08:59 AM

I had 40 games on my Xbox (160 gig HD, Avalaunch, TSOP-flashed) already when I put up XIII.
First, I tried to run it with the unpatched XBE.
My Xbox gave red light and hung.
Then I FTP'd the cracked XBE, and the game would run. But when I tried to select another game, like Tony Hawk's Underground, the light would get red and the Xbox would hang. (AFTER I patched XIII)
So, then. I deleted XIII from my HD, and tried if the games would work.
They worked, but the loading of the games is now noticably slower, and while loading, the LED is first green, then flashed red, and then goes back to green again and starts the game.
When I tried to load a game under EvolutionX, it just runs, no problemo.
So maybe XIII has affected Avalaunch?

And one other thing, is it normal that the intro of GTA:Vice City and GTA3 both stutter?

Edited by maaark, 12 August 2004 - 09:00 AM.

#2 X2Gamer

X2Gamer

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 12 August 2004 - 09:12 AM

it could be possible the game altered some kind of setting, but i can't be too sure since there could be a number of problems.

#3 SigTom

SigTom

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 12 August 2004 - 09:47 AM

QUOTE (maaark @ Aug 12 2004, 05:02 AM)
I had 40 games on my Xbox (160 gig HD, Avalaunch, TSOP-flashed) already when I put up XIII.
First, I tried to run it with the unpatched XBE.
My Xbox gave red light and hung.
Then I FTP'd the cracked XBE, and the game would run. But when I tried to select another game, like Tony Hawk's Underground, the light would get red and the Xbox would hang. (AFTER I patched XIII)
So, then. I deleted XIII from my HD, and tried if the games would work.
They worked, but the loading of the games is now noticably slower, and while loading, the LED is first green, then flashed red, and then goes back to green again and starts the game.
When I tried to load a game under EvolutionX, it just runs, no problemo.
So maybe XIII has affected Avalaunch?

And one other thing, is it normal that the intro of GTA:Vice City and GTA3 both stutter?

Well, using cracked i.e. pirated software will do that. I suggest you pop in a retail version of XII on DVD and see how it works, then rip the retail DVD that you own and allow dvd2xbox or another app to patch the xbe instead of using the stuff you dloaded from the web.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users