• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 05:25 AM

Please bear with me, I'm a total moron when it comes to this type of thing and I appreciate any help.

I recently bought a moded XBox online and got it with a 120gb hardrive, EvolutionX, and 40 games installed.

I havent really been able to figure out how you delete or copy games, or even modify the names of existing files, if thats even possible through EvolutionX. I've read that it is easiest to do this type of thing through a FTP so I downloaded Flash FXP, but my dumb ass cant even figure out how to make a connection between my computer and the XBox using Flash FXP.

Anyone have the heart to throw me a bone and help me out or let me know where I could find some info that may enlighten me?

#2 RudeBastard

RudeBastard

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 05:33 AM

You need to install a filemanager app (like Windows Explorer is on the PC). A common filemanager app is Boxplorer. You can't do this sort of thing with EvolutionX unless you master FTP, which you'll have to do anyway to get Boxplorer installed laugh.gif Unless you want to make an xbox-bootable CDRW that has Boxplorer on it laugh.gif These forums contain many topics and much information on these subjects. You'll have to do some research, trail/error, and then ask specific questions about what you will be doing wrong.

#3 CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 06:04 AM

Ive fooled around and got my XBox and computer networked, and yes I realize this is nothing, but to my computer illiterate ass thats a big step. I'm still having issues modifying the games though. I have yet to try and delete a game, too much of a puss I quess, but I tried changing the file name of a game and no luck.

Basically I'm curious that once the computer and xbox are connected and I got the ftp up and running if I delete the game off the xbox list is that pretty much it? In other words will it be off the xbox's hardrive?

As for installing games, I havent tried it yet, is DVDtoXBOX or whatever that program is called, pretty much the way to go?

Once again thanks for any help, and yes believe me I know I'm a moron.

#4 CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 06:07 AM

Rude is XBox File Explorer as near as good as Boxplorer because I do have that? Having issues figuring it out thought, what a surprise. biggrin.gif

#5 CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 06:38 AM

Rude you were right about the trial and error, I started by deleting skins to see if it would work, so as not to delete anything serious. It works, I got rid of my emulators and roms also to free up space.

I'm still having no luck on renaming my game files. Should changing the name of the game file in the ftp part make the name of the game saved on the XBox work?

Also, besides unwanted skins, emulators, and roms, is there anything else I should or may want to delete to create more space on the HD? I realize these files Ive deleted really dont take up much space.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users