shiz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 13 August 2004 - 10:12 AM

Hi guys, here is my problem:

I have a ver 1.6 box. I rebuilt the LPC as per x2 instructions, using the alt. 5v power supply, am doing a wire install.

Problem is, that for some stupid reason its not booting off the mod. I turn on the mod, i get M$ dash and no pink shield. I turn off the mod also Ms dash. I dont frag, nothing, as if the chips isnt even there.

I double checked my LPC rebuild, seems good, only beef i have is with the gray wire. I *might* have fuxxored the via on the front of the board (next to the xylops chip). I cant seem to locate the same via on the bottom of the board, is there an alternate d0 somewhere, or what can i do, i THINK thats why its not picking up the chip blink.gif

Edited by shiz, 13 August 2004 - 10:27 AM.

#2 shiz

shiz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 11:04 AM

bah, now its fragging!

the mod is on- frag
mod is off- boots to ms dash!

#3 zabeard

zabeard

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 12:42 PM

Mine Frags to Just like yours. Hopefully Ill figure this out by this weekend.

#4 Infamous_One

Infamous_One

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 13 August 2004 - 12:49 PM

Be sure that you repaired all of them , check do , i did my first v1.6 like sunday , it booted from chip fast , no probs or anything , well the only prob is that i cant lock the HD cause Config Magic doesnt work on a v1.6 yet

#5 X-ecuter

X-ecuter

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 13 August 2004 - 01:01 PM

QUOTE (Infamous_One @ Aug 13 2004, 01:52 PM)
Be sure that you repaired all of them , check do , i did my first v1.6 like sunday , it booted from chip fast , no probs or anything , well the only prob is that i cant lock the HD cause Config Magic doesnt work on a v1.6 yet

pay attention to software we release wink.gif

use FlashBIOS v2.6 to lock / unlock your hdd in all v1.0 - 1.6 models

#6 Infamous_One

Infamous_One

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (X-ecuter @ Aug 13 2004, 02:04 PM)
pay attention to software we release wink.gif

use FlashBIOS v2.6 to lock / unlock your hdd in all v1.0 - 1.6 models

blink.gif biggrin.gif

Thank You.

Did i said that i love you?

#7 zabeard

zabeard

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 03:27 PM

QUOTE (Infamous_One @ Aug 13 2004, 01:52 PM)

Do you have pics of your 1.6 when it works correctly. Ive tried many combos on the wire install from many different people and i still get the same thing. FRAG, FRAG, FRAG, FRAG, FRAG,!!!!!!!!!!!

#8 shiz

shiz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 05:54 PM

question for the xecuter boys about the new x2.6 chip, which i understand is more ver. 1.6 friendly:
Will we have to go through the same proceducer when installing the 2.6? Meaning, rebuild the LPC, wires all over the place etc? Will it be a bit easier to install/flash? im thinking somewhere along the lines of a 1.5 install with a samsung drive biggrin.gif

Furthermore, im confused about something else. When rebuilding the LPC the LAD0 (green) arrows point at 2 differen points: One under the board (where I hooked up my point on the LPC to) and the one on the TOP which to me seems to correspond with the spot where you would hook up the gray wire for the d0 (next to the xylops chip)
So my question is this, if you're trying to install the gray d0 wire to the top of the board near the Xylops, and you bugger that via up, can you install it underneath the board where the other green arrow points?

Lastly, if i say i lifed my d0 point, i noticed there is a trace from it to another VIA a tiny bit close to the Xylops chip, would those 2 vias have to be repaired under my above stated circumstances? I tried soldering to both(one specified in the tutorialls, and the one closer to the chip), and im still fragging...

thanks
and sorry for the novel...

Edited by shiz, 13 August 2004 - 05:56 PM.

#9 Infamous_One

Infamous_One

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 11:22 PM

You need to rebuild LPC for any mod , the v1.6 LPC is broken so you have to fix it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users