Foe-hammer

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, body building, video games
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 August 2004 - 10:35 AM

In the latest build of mameox v0.84.b3 I'm having a lot of graphics and sound issues in games that worked fine before. For example, Mortal Kombat 1's sound skips and is too fast. Mortal Kombat 2's sound is garbled. Golden axe's collison is off; i can swing my weapon at someone across the screen and hit them. And screen tearing is in most of the games, Ghouls n' Ghost for example.

Anyone else noticing this? Any ideas?

Thanks,
Foe-

#2 Isamu_Dyson

Isamu_Dyson

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 12:44 PM

You have sound problems with the MK series games because the midway hardware speed hacks were removed several versions of MAME ago. They all run choppy and with crap sound. For Golden Axe... i know that when you swinged a weapon at, say, the right side of the screen that you could hit a enemy at the oposite side. I think that's a bug in the game. As for tearing.. that's because vsync is disabled. I can't remember if mameox supports triple buffering... or you have the tv on PAL you could set it to NTSC. (since most arcade games run at roughly 60fps the tearing would be gone)

Hope this helps.

#3 Prican24

Prican24

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 13 August 2004 - 02:46 PM

actually mk1 shouldn't be affected since it didn't have dcs like the others but it still plays better in 71b as does the rest of the mk's

#4 hey69

hey69

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 04:05 PM

I would advise you to install different versions of mame.
I have the .71 and the latest installed. you just change the ROMS path in one of the
two mames you install (so you don't need to have all the roms double)

.71 version plays MK 1 2 and3 nicely!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users