6 replies to this topic

#1 snowbladenerd

snowbladenerd

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 11:03 PM

i started off with a v1.0 xbox and got a matrix chip. everything was working fine w/ evox. i then proceeded to get an 80 gig and a samsung disc drive (i originally had a thomson). i ended up needing the 80 gig for video editing, so its in my computer. i bought a 20 gig hard drive and installed it, and i am attempting to get it to boot the evox cd, and it wont. i get error 16. any one know whats up? and what files should be on the evox boot cd.

#2 Trevante

Trevante

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,929 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 August 2004 - 01:06 AM

If you're getting error 16, then it means that your bios is looking for file on the HDD before the disc, or that it can't read the disc, or that you don't have the right files on the disc.

On the boot disc, you need default.xbe (you rename the evoxdash.xbe to default.xbe) and evox.ini. Those are the only two files you need to run your evox boot CD properly.

#3 snowbladenerd

snowbladenerd

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 01:23 AM

could it be because the drive is from another xbox and it was locked? it was used in a computer for some time as ntfs. i figured that would unlock it.

#4 Trevante

Trevante

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,929 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 August 2004 - 01:42 AM

Nah, error 16 means certain dashboard files are missing. Was your evox boot CD setup properly? If so, just ftp into your xbox and copy evoxdash.xbe and evox.ini into the root of your C drive.

#5 snowbladenerd

snowbladenerd

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 02:03 AM

ok i tried the original drive and the same thing happened. if i boot w/ out a cd i get error 16. if i boot with a boot cd i get the error 16 screen but its sliced diagonally and half is black. the problem has nothing to do with switching from the thomson to the samsung? i guess the oproblem is either the drive isnt reading the cd or im not burning it right then?

#6 snowbladenerd

snowbladenerd

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 02:33 AM

bumpity

Edited by snowbladenerd, 14 August 2004 - 04:44 PM.

#7 snowbladenerd

snowbladenerd

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 04:44 PM

bump

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users