Necro-File

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 115 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 August 2004 - 12:54 PM

I used one of the articles on the website to make 2 different connections for the Xbox. the first was an adapter for the Xbox controller to go into a USB port on the PC. The second was a USB -> Xbox controller port cable. I didn't have any female USB connectors to make an adapter, but I do have a purpose for the 2nd cable... However I need some help.

I don't have any memory cards for the Xbox, nor do I have the money to buy one right now (which is one reason I made the adapter; cheap and easy). I want to put Linux on my xbox and of course I need the special save game. What I want to know is ifn it would be possible somehow, some program and of course drivers, to move the save game from my PC to the xbox directly, without the use of memory cards. This could possibly have other benefits such as moving other files onto the Xbox's HDD and possibly modify it with software rather than modding the hardware with a modchip. I've been googling various questions for about an hour or so, and I haven't found anything that would help so I come to the people on these boards to see what infomation you may have.

#2 mc_365

mc_365

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 07:36 PM

You at least need a memory card. What do think you can just speak nicely to the xbox and it is just going to let you Hack it?

You first need to connect your xbox to a network with your pc using a router and ethernet cables or directly to your pc using crossover cable.

You will need to get a gamesave hack running on your xbox. Eg. MechAssualt with evox. To get the gamesave hack on the xbox you need a Memory Card From there you can ftp into your xbox from your pc and go into the E drive and into the Udata directory that is where game saves are stored. Move whatever you want.

#3 g3n-X

g3n-X

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 11:52 AM

QUOTE (mc_365 @ Aug 27 2004, 08:39 PM)
You at least need a memory card.  What do think you can just speak nicely to the xbox and it is just going to let you Hack it?

Wow, you're exceptionally sarcastic.

First off, you do NOT need a memory card to get a linux save on your xbox...

If you have or can get access to a USB stick and finish making the USB -> Xbox connecter with the female adapter you can flash the memory stick with OzXMemoryStick Explorer. The Xbox-Linux crew at sourceforge used to host the image for mechassault on their site.

EDIT: I just went to their site to see if it is still available and I do not see it, though I would be surprised if you couldn't find it through google.

Edited by g3n-X, 28 August 2004 - 11:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users