#1 Amgine

Amgine

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 12:54 AM

Edit:

Updated

Getting error 21 when trying to load the Run Linux save game from the HD in MechAssault. I used ltools_MA_v1.7.5.

Where does the problem lie? AR software? AR hardware? XBox? Game? Save file?

Edited by Amgine, 18 August 2004 - 08:53 PM.

#2 triggernum5

triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 August 2004 - 01:00 AM

What version of the Action Replay software are you using.. Also a better package to use is LTOOLS 1.75

#3 Amgine

Amgine

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 01:07 AM

AR v1.05, and just to clarify, in that tutorial, I only actually managed to make it up to step 3. That's where I'm lost.

#4 Fafhrd

Fafhrd

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 02:59 AM

yeah, do what he said, use ltools_MA_v1.7.5.zip, you should be able to drag that into your AR software with no problem.

#5 Amgine

Amgine

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 06:05 PM

I made it, just fine no problems at all ever, up to Step 6.

I zip the 4d530017 folder and drag it to the AR but it still says Not A Valid XBox Save

Where'd I go wrong if everything up to now has gone fine?

#6 Amgine

Amgine

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 08:41 PM

Oh, gotcha. Forget everything else and use LTOOLS. Done and done. Error 21. Seems to be a common problem with AR. Will the xbox-to-usb-controller mod eliminate the error 21 problem?

#7 zipo1200

zipo1200

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 18 August 2004 - 10:15 PM

well one thing u might want to look at is how its acutally archived.
the udata folder has a folder called 4541000d or somethign liek it. in that folder there should be 3 files all being *.xbe files (save,meta,title) something like those.
any other files like readme's ot w/e (including when u first open your zip if the only conatianing file isnt udata, delete all others)

aight in that folder there should be 00000000 in this folder anything can be put it. edit your ini file if u wish, but if u dont know how to. i suggest leave it. after that zip it back up again (make sure its *.zip) and dreg it into the AR. it will be called "install linux" cobgrats. transfer that to your xbox and boom

same problem happened to me. just have to make sure the files are correctly placed and/or delete

#8 Fafhrd

Fafhrd

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 11:29 PM

I don't think making the "usb xbox controller cable" will help, it's probably the AR memory card. try using a m$ or madcatz memory card with your AR docking station.

#9 spongy

spongy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 August 2004 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE (Amgine @ Aug 18 2004, 10:08 AM)
I made it, just fine no problems at all ever, up to Step 6.

I zip the 4d530017 folder and drag it to the AR but it still says Not A Valid XBox Save

Where'd I go wrong if everything up to now has gone fine?

Put the 4d530017 folder in another folder named "udata" then zip that.

#10 jcautela

jcautela

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:The World
  • 360 version:none

Posted 19 August 2004 - 12:00 AM

Make the main folder UDATA in caps, thats how the default saves look, if not try signing the save with save resigner. Then put the mem in your xbox and copy the save over, worked fine for me.

#11 Amgine

Amgine

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 12:19 AM

Thanks for all the help and replies.

I'll break down and get the MS card if nothing else works, but some things I'd like to know first.

Are .xbe and .xbx the same thing? The three files you were talking about in the 4d530017 folder are all .xbx files. They might need converting?

Is the ltools_MA_v1.7.5 .rar ready to go, or do I still need to do things to it? Add files, delete files, edit files, etc.

Again, thanks. While waiting, I'll try to apply the tutorial's instruction to the ltools rar and see if that works.

Edit: Alrighty! So friggin' happy yet still not close. Every time I extract, I made sure not to overwrite.

I unrar'd the LTOOLS rar into a folder
Extracted MechassaultwithEvox into the LTOOLS UDATA folder
Deleted DEFAULT.XBE, Evox.ini and Items.txt and Skins directory
Extracted Signed_Phoenix_Bios_Loader_V1.3 into UDATA\4d530017\62D648EBF155
Deleted evoxdash.xbe, evox.ini
Extracted EvolutionX_V1_8_3752 into 62D648EBF155
Extract XBtool_1.0.5.zip to a temp folder
Did all the XBtool stuff
Extract xbedump.zip to a temp folder
Did all the xbedump stuff

Zipped it and tried to put it on the memory card. Oh noes! It's too big.

I don't remember everything I deleted to make it fit, but it seemed like unimportant stuff. I made sure I kept everything that sounded familiar. Got it on the memory card, got the save onto the HD, loaded the save inside of MechAssault and viola... The PBL screen. Red, birdy glory. But then nothing. It went to the XBox logo and sat there forever. I ejected the disc and hey, only came out half way, rebooted itself, back into MA, loaded the save, different Phoenix screen this time, same sitting still on the XBox logo afterwards.

Obviously EvoX isn't booting. More like its trying to, but not finding all the right stuff. Any ideas?

Edited by Amgine, 19 August 2004 - 12:40 AM.

#12 UWerOwNED

UWerOwNED

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 12:24 AM

if you have the action replay software that lets you download saves off of the net then get the "run linux" save offline and that will run on mech assault fine

#13 Fafhrd

Fafhrd

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 12:31 AM

It's all ready to go, and the file I used was a .zip, not a .rar. Get the file, ltools_MA_v1.7.5.zip, don't unzip it, don't do anything to it, just drag it straight into your AR software.

Maybe you need to download and install winzip, if you don't have it maybe your winrar is screwing up the file, i don't know if AR software can use a .rar, I know it works with .zip.

#14 Amgine

Amgine

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 12:42 AM

My mistake, LTOOLS is a zip and it went onto the AR card just fine. But when I loaded it in MA, it did nothing at all. Now I've added some stuff to it, re-zipped it, and its getting me up to the PBL screen and trying to get me to EvoX.

#15 Amgine

Amgine

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 12:54 AM

Alright. I tried one more time, LTOOLS, plain, no tweaking, and it decided to work. smile.gif I dunno how or why it didn't before, but I'm glad it did now.

*runs off to read tutorials about what to do now*

Thanks, everyone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users