• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 robg3381

robg3381

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 05:32 AM

So I think I got the Xenium Ice installed correctly. When I start it up, I get the Xenium menu. I want to load the EvolutionX dashboard, but I can't seem to load ANYTHING. I even upgraded the DVD drive to the Samsung SD-616T. I guess I'm not sure what to do from here. I can't load new bioses, can't load EvoX. I go into "recovery" and it always goes into HALT and the power LED around the eject button goes to Red. Am I supposed to upgrade the BIOS first before trying to load EvoX? If so, how? I've followed the tutorials and burnt a DVD+RW, CD+RW, & CDR. Nothing "boots" like it says it should in the tutorials. Please Help!

-Rob

#2 jack2004

jack2004

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 18 August 2004 - 06:07 AM

did you flash bios before install dash thru bootdisk?

Edited by jack2004, 18 August 2004 - 06:07 AM.

#3 robg3381

robg3381

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 01:29 PM

I haven't done either. I installed the chip. That is as far as I've gotten. I can't get any boot disk to work. I put the CD in and it just goes straight to the Xenium menu. So I try to hit "recovery" and then it "halts" with the RED LED. I've even tried switching the jumper back.

#4 Tribis

Tribis

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 August 2004 - 01:49 PM

Uhh well thats cause xenium os doesnt boot anything cause that would make it an illegal bios. You must goto launch menu and add a bios as in flash a bios to it.

#5 mkulrey13

mkulrey13

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • Interests:Computer Modding<br>Xbox Modding<br>Sex
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 18 August 2004 - 02:04 PM

Why do people choose to do it the hard way. Xenium Ice HAS a built FTP server IN the OS. NO NEED to burn cds. GO to your network settings and set it up with your network then hit refresh network. THen FTP into your xbox. After you have DLED Evox build from "the usual places" go into its bios filder and take the evoxm7.bin copy it and rename it to bios.bin and put it into the E folder of your xbox. Then take all the evox files and folders and put them in the E drive of xbox. Now go on the OS screen and hit launch new item and select flash and go to the bios foler and hit EvoxM7.bin. Xbox will do funky things. Then Restart the xbox and hit launch menu then hit what ever you named the flash. THat easy. need anything else just PM me tongue.gif

#6 robg3381

robg3381

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 02:19 PM

Ok...still trying to flash the bios. I added the launch item for it and ran it, but almost immediately is says it to "Please insert CD". What CD do I put in there? I tried putting the CD I burnt with the bios (ozxBios Cromwell 2.12 Dev), and nthing happens.

#7 robwoods

robwoods

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 02:49 PM

You really need to read some of the tutorials, You need some "other" Bios files, get them from #xbins irc channel, The cromwell bios is legal and therefore pretty useless unless you want to boot to linux, and i would guess you dont

#8 robg3381

robg3381

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 04:30 PM

Which one would you suggest?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users