• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 fuffaland

fuffaland

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 07:03 PM

Hi there, I'm having a very very strange problem with my Xbox, and I hope someone here will be able to help.

I've installed an Akira2 about one month ago, and everything was ok since one week ago when my Xbox began to behave in a strange way: when the mod is active, if i turn the console on everything works good, but if I turn it off and turn it back on, It won't work and gives me the red light problem, like if there's something wrong with solders or the modchip. BUT - If I wait for about a minute, I can then turn it on again without problems. Same with the "Reboot" option on EvoX: I turn on the console, but if I do Reboot id gives me this problem, until I wait one minute and turn it back on. Really weird. With the modchip disabled, everything works with no problems.

I opened it, checked all the solders and replaced all the wires, but it still has this problem. I even replaced the modichip with another, but its behaviour doesn't change. I really don't know what to do now, any ideas? Thx! ^__^

#2 fuffaland

fuffaland

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 11:30 AM

noone can help? sad.gif

#3 nodo

nodo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 19 August 2004 - 01:26 PM

I am having the exact same problem as you are. Except I am using an xecuter 2.3b lite, I have modded several boxes and never ran into this problem. I have not been able to find any answers yet but I am still trouble shooting and trying to figure out what could cause this. If possible could you post what version your xbox is and any other info such as hd upgrade what dashes and bios you are using, etc, etc.... Any info you can give might give me some insight into were the problem is coming from. I will keep you updated if I make any progress.

#4 bronkx1

bronkx1

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 02:46 PM

You both need to post xbox ver,bios info any any other important info to see if you have something in common.My guess would be a bios issue,since the chip boots and works it would seem the install and chip are ok.

#5 nodo

nodo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 19 August 2004 - 04:26 PM

My first instinct was a bad bios flash so I reflashed many times. I tried xecuter 4981 and 4983, I also tried evox m7 and m8. I had the same results with every bios.

Here is my thread I posted in the xecuter forum a few days ago. It has all my specs listed in it.
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=260428

Edited by nodo, 19 August 2004 - 04:30 PM.

#6 fuffaland

fuffaland

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 01:16 PM

Mine is a 1.5 Xbox, Akira2 modchip, no hd mod. Installed bios is... uhm... EvoX says "Unknown bios". Is this bad? blink.gif

#7 bronkx1

bronkx1

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 02:44 PM

What I would do is try an older bios like 4977 to see if it made any change.I tried
4981 and 4983 and had some strange issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users