LumpKin666

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 August 2004 - 09:45 PM

Anybody know where I could pickup one/two of those very cheap usb adaptors that are getting tossed in for free with the xenium ice mod chip? I'd love to find one or two at a REAL cheap price if they are available by themselves.

#2 thedustycelt

thedustycelt

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 09:56 PM

Are you talking about the addapter to plug USB devices into your xbox?

I bought mine for $5 shippid off of ebay. M$ is also giving them away for free (cost of postage and handling) on there site. Comes out to $6.95

http://www.xbox.com/...oardadapter.htm

#3 floock

floock

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 18 August 2004 - 11:09 PM

my MS on took FOREVER to ship.

id try ebay.

#4 LumpKin666

LumpKin666

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 09:49 PM

The PSO one says it connects via controller. I want one that goes directly into the port. I could do eBay, but I'd rather have one of those little ones like you get for free with your xenium ice chip. I'd bet they don't cost more than a dime or two to make in bulk (if that!). Figured I could pickup a few for a couple bucks since they were cheap and small.

If anybody knows where to get the little pcb-style usb adaptors, please let me know.

Thanks!

#5 thedustycelt

thedustycelt

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 11:36 PM

Do you have a pic of the adapter? You got me curious... I guess I havn't seen the one you are talking about.

#6 LumpKin666

LumpKin666

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 12:51 AM

QUOTE (thedustycelt @ Aug 20 2004, 12:39 AM)
Do you have a pic of the adapter? You got me curious... I guess I havn't seen the one you are talking about.

In the bottom right corner of this pic

user posted image

#7 Convoy

Convoy

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 07:29 AM

not sure where to get one of those but if you just want to plug a usb device into your xbox why not get one of these?

http://www.lik-sang....oducts_id=2154

#8 counter terrorist dan

counter terrorist dan

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 20 August 2004 - 08:29 AM

the ones that come with the Xenium Ice work very well. I modded it to be hardwired to controller port 4, so the port is always right there on the front of my case, above and to the right of controller port 4. it's pretty easy, just be good with your dremel and it's always there.

#9 LumpKin666

LumpKin666

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE (Convoy @ Aug 20 2004, 08:32 AM)
not sure where to get one of those but if you just want to plug a usb device into your xbox why not get one of these?

http://www.lik-sang....oducts_id=2154

1) I like the smaller pcb design
2) I believe that the price on a cheaply designed pcb the size of my thumbnail would cost significantly less than the price of one of those usb cords (thus I should be able to pick up 3-4 for shipped for the price of one of those cords)
3) I asked specifically about the adaptor in the picture and people keep telling me "why don't you buy this other type of adapter over here..or there.. or where ever". I know all about the freebies, ebay and lik-sang (I buy lots of dreamcast stuff from lik-sang) but I don't want that type of adaptor.

I appreciate the help, but I guess maybe I should just order the usb hoods myself and make a handful myself. I still bet I can make a handful for the price of one of those cords, but if I was dealing in bulk, it'd probably be pennies apeice :/

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users