CaliSurfer008

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Interests:Brahm is a whore
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 05 August 2002 - 11:34 PM

I am trying to copy Enclave over to my PC to fix the offset, but 1 file wont copy...so I'm just wondering if there is a patch for Enclave?!

#2 crimpshrine

crimpshrine

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 06:44 AM

QUOTE (CaliSurfer008 @ Aug 5 2002, 10:34 PM)
I am trying to copy Enclave over to my PC to fix the offset, but 1 file wont copy...so I'm just wondering if there is a patch for Enclave?!

FYI,

I had Enclave used XBcopy to transfer the entire disk to my HD with no issues.

And plays fine from F:\games\Enclave.

So maybe something is corrupt.

I have heard that some HD's have write back cache turned on by default in hardware, so this means if you ever turn your X-Box off when it is doing a write then you will wind up cross-linking files, and unlike a normal PC that can fix a situation like this, I don't think the X-Box can. Best you can do is hope to delete all files that reside on something crosslinked then re-copy over what you want.

Only reason I mention the cross linked files thing is that the symptom you discribe is very similar to PC's sometimes when a file is crosslinked, sometimes you cant copy the file.

Havent downloaded enclave to the PC since it has been running fine from the XBox.

#3 admiralj

admiralj

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 08:53 AM

i had an issue with enclave locking up at the loading screen of level 1. i just took out the cd, cleaned the backside with a kleenex and reripped/burned it. it worked perfectly.
actually, 1 interesting thing about enclave is the .cfg file in the cd's root dir.
you can enable a console mode and various info for debugging (fps rate, memory info). the disc also has videos and sounds for french and german, but i haven't found a way to switch between them in-game. afaik, you need to rename the french & german cfg files in the cd's root to the default cfg file.... but this is getting off subject, isnt it smile.gif

#4 WiKKiD

WiKKiD

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 03:01 PM

Different languange video/audio is automatically played corresponding to what region your xbox is setup for.

#5 CaliSurfer008

CaliSurfer008

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts
  • Interests:Brahm is a whore

Posted 06 August 2002 - 10:49 PM

So what should I do?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users