• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Halomodder1029

Halomodder1029

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 01:27 PM

HEY I TRIED BOTH, USING A CROSSOVER CABLE AND SWITCHING STATIC IP ON OR OFF, AND I CANNOT DETERMINE A CONNECTION IN FLASH FXP BUT KEEP IN MIND MY XBOX HAS THE IP IN THE CORNER, SO IT IS CONNECTED AND MY COMPUTER HAS THE NETWORK PART SET UP TOO. THE MESSAGE I KEEP GETTING IS CONNECTION FAILURE : UNABLE TO CONNECT TO HOST. ( THANKS FOR HELP ).

#2 roar

roar

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE (Halomodder1029 @ Aug 19 2004, 09:30 AM)
HEY I TRIED BOTH, USING A CROSSOVER CABLE AND SWITCHING STATIC IP ON OR OFF, AND I CANNOT DETERMINE A CONNECTION IN FLASH FXP BUT KEEP IN MIND MY XBOX HAS THE IP IN THE CORNER, SO IT IS CONNECTED AND MY COMPUTER HAS THE NETWORK PART SET UP TOO. THE MESSAGE I KEEP GETTING IS CONNECTION FAILURE : UNABLE TO CONNECT TO HOST. ( THANKS FOR HELP ).

I tried to read your post, I really did, but until you fix your caps lock key I can't help.

#3 Halomodder1029

Halomodder1029

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 01:53 PM

Hey I tried both, using a cross over cable and swithcing static ip on/off, and I cannot determine a connection in flash fxp but keep in mind my xbox does have the IP in the corner and my computer's network says I am connected. The message I keep getting is something like this: connection failure : unable to connect to host. ( thanks for help )

sorry about the caps lock, I am work and I needed it so I didnt change it.

#4 roar

roar

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE (Halomodder1029 @ Aug 19 2004, 09:56 AM)
Hey I tried both, using a cross over cable and swithcing static ip on/off, and I cannot determine a connection in flash fxp but keep in mind my xbox does have the IP in the corner and my computer's network says I am connected. The message I keep getting is something like this: connection failure : unable to connect to host. ( thanks for help )

sorry about the caps lock, I am work and I needed it so I didnt change it.

What is the ip of the xbox?
Is the xbox using a Static IP?
How is the xbox connected to the network?
Are you plugging your xbox directly into the back of your computer?
What are the network settings of your computer?
Are you running any firewall applications on your computer?

#5 Halomodder1029

Halomodder1029

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 02:53 PM

Im using a direct connection from xbox to my computer via the system link cable and it goes to an ethernet card, there is no router. I tried both using static Ip and turning it off. Im not running any firewall apps, however I do have norton antivirus installed and I heard that it might change the port number my computer and my xbox IP address is the same but the last digit. Im using the standard port 21. And I might have the firewall( built into xp ) on, It might be on by default.

#6 mrRobinson

mrRobinson

X-S Caffeinated Member

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,222 posts
  • Interests:Quantum Loop Theory
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 August 2004 - 02:57 PM

Read the tutorial in my sig. You'll want static IP to be on, so don't try it off.

#7 roar

roar

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 02:58 PM

Since your not using a dchp server of any sort make sure static ip is always off. Like you've already said, make the ip of your xbox, say, 192.168.0.2 and the ip of your computer 192.168.0.1, then make the default gateway of your xbox 192.168.0.1 Also go into your xp settings and turn off your firewall, your pc network card should be set to use static ip, they should both be using the same default mask 255.255.255.0 with everything setup like this, with xp's firewall disabled and you could try disabling mcafee, though that should hurt you, you should be able to go into flash fxp and connect to 192.168.0.2 without a problem.

#8 Halomodder1029

Halomodder1029

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 03:32 PM

alright I will give it a try when I get home from work which will be at 5:30 or so . Thanks for the help and if you can think of anything else I can try, let me know, Thanks alot.

#9 dominationHalo

dominationHalo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 04:53 PM

Hey if wut he said doesnt work for you and you've tried everything your xbox might have a blown network. I tried everything to ftp my xbox and couldnt work so I contacted the guy I got it from and he said the network was probably blown and I sent it back and am getting a brand new one.

#10 roar

roar

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE (dominationHalo @ Aug 19 2004, 12:56 PM)
Hey if wut he said doesnt work for you and you've tried everything your xbox might have a blown network. I tried everything to ftp my xbox and couldnt work so I contacted the guy I got it from and he said the network was probably blown and I sent it back and am getting a brand new one.

Not sure what the odds of that are... but that would be a last, last, last, very last resort, I'd wager 99.9% of the problems people have who can't ftp to their box is user error.

#11 Halomodder1029

Halomodder1029

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 06:38 PM

oK well I am getting excited but I have to get home first. I got approx. 3 hrs. left.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users