Photo

How About These Nicely Installed X2l Switches?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jcwacky

jcwacky

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 January 2003 - 10:05 PM

Just thought I'd show off my X2L switches biggrin.gif

Got them from www.maplin.co.uk. Code: FH97

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

#2 [FrEEzEr]

[FrEEzEr]

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 January 2003 - 10:13 PM

Very nice indeed !!

But what I want to know is..... How did you make those very nice nameplates? biggrin.gif

#3 devlkore

devlkore

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts
  • Interests:Games, Photoshop, martial arts, soft toys, PokéMon, PowerPuff Girls, cartoons, music, jumping
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 January 2003 - 10:14 PM

Helluva nice, would you mind modding mine like that?

#4 slizzap

slizzap

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 21 January 2003 - 10:17 PM

No offense, the switches look nice, but why does everyone insist on installing the switches through the side of the Xbox like that? Isn't it a bitch to take the cover back off? Don't you have to worry about accidentally ripping out the switches? I mount mine on the back of the Xbox right next to the Ethernet port. I can post pics if anyone's interested.

Just curious is all. Seems like a lot of work.

#5 [FrEEzEr]

[FrEEzEr]

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 January 2003 - 10:19 PM

My switches will be in the frontpanel (bottomside where the gaps are)...... If I ever get my chip unsure.gif

#6 phantax

phantax

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 January 2003 - 10:21 PM

Because it requires no drilling or cutting and it looks very nice coming through the side , if you use small enough switches you cant even see them unless you look. Its not a bitch to take the cover back off, you just tilt it to the side of the switches and remove the opposite end first. I dont know how you would accidently rip them out, they are mounted on the metal shield, similar to how they would be mounted in the back.

#7 slizzap

slizzap

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts

Posted 21 January 2003 - 10:27 PM

So if it's mounted to the metal shield, how is there no drilling involved?

I've got a friend that installed his switches like this, he said he needed to use a dremel to install them properly. It takes me all of 5 seconds to drill a hole through the back of the case. I can see your point about having more of a stealth mounting location. I guess I just prefer having them mounted on the back.

#8 phantax

phantax

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 January 2003 - 10:30 PM

You dont need to drill, there are ventilation holes in the metal shielding on the side which are directly behind the vents on the side of the xbox, all you need is a pair of clippers to snip 1 tiny piece of shielding and bend it back and your switch will go directly in between. I have put them on the side for several people because they request that I not make any modifcations to their casing, this way the switch and everything can be removed without any noticable holes in the xbox whatsoever.

#9 Paradiddle

Paradiddle

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 January 2003 - 02:19 PM

thats awsome! the plates make in extra neat.

#10 jcwacky

jcwacky

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 22 January 2003 - 05:11 PM

The lables are simply bits of card which i printed the functions onto and taped to the side.

I prefer them at the side because it keeps the case intact.

Its dead easy to install the switches on the metal plate you just cut out the strips of wire between the holes and screwed in the chip. No drill required.

Ok, I agree it is a little more diffcult to remove the cover but I don't plan on removing it offen anymore but even when I do its still easy enough.

Originally I had smaller switches but it was hader to switch them as they did not stick out from the case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users