• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 snowboarderpete

snowboarderpete

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 10:22 PM

Im havin such a frustrating time trying to get this damn ftp to work, heres my problem, i have my xbox connected to one of my pc NIC cards with a cross over cable but i also have another NIC card that is connected to the internet through a router, and for some reason theres some kind of interference, i cant manually set the IP for my xbox on windows because then my internet stop working, i checked everything numerous times on my xbox and my pc just doesnt want to connect with the xbox. If anyone could please help me out that would be greatly appreciated.

#2 Strud1512

Strud1512

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 August 2004 - 04:27 AM

Your 2 PC network cards must be on a different subnet. eg If your router/internet NIC is 192.168.1.1 then your other NIC (cabled to the xbox) must be something like 192.168.2.1 (assuming you are using a mask of 255.255.255.0).
Your xbox could then be 192.168.2.2 (ie. same first 3 numbers, different last number).

Your PC would then know to route any requests to the 192.168.2.XXX subnet to your xbox and anything to 192.168.1.XXX to your router.

You would have to use something like Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) if you wanted your xbox to see the internet (ie your 2 subnets would be linked).

#3 gsgleason

gsgleason

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,588 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 22 August 2004 - 03:54 PM

word.

if you still need help post the full ipconfig /all from your pc and the evox.ini network section.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users