Photo

Using A Usb Stick To Transfer Gamesave Exploits!

• Please log in to reply
504 replies to this topic

#211 giografix

giografix

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 12:29 AM

forthex

i was wondering when i transfer the udata files to my hd(modded xbox with memorycard), do i need to add the datalinfo.xbx file to the directories. isnt this file only needed for action replay software?

#212 forthex

forthex

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 October 2004 - 02:27 AM

no you do not need the AR software if you have a modded xbox. plug in the memory card, FTP into your xbox and put the saves into the H:\ or I:| or another letter after those.

#213 forthex

forthex

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 05:23 PM

bump

#214 JimmyGoon

JimmyGoon

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 October 2004 - 06:03 PM

are you sure that non-xbox-memory card storage devices don't work with version 1.6??

#215 awal

awal

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts
  • Interests:XBOX
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 05 October 2004 - 11:29 PM

i dont know if anyone has said this, but the saves on xbins are AR compatible. (at least for me)
instead of putting the save into the folder, just drag it from wherever it is into the middle of the AR software thing. (where it shows the saves on the computer)

if you dont understand that reply and i will explain more

#216 forthex

forthex

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 01:02 AM

QUOTE (JimmyGoon @ Oct 5 2004, 01:06 PM)
are you sure that non-xbox-memory card storage devices don't work with version 1.6??

yes. i just bought a 1.6 and i tested my CF card in a USB reader. IT WON'T WORK. You have to use an M$ xbox memory card, a contoller, and a UBS male to xbox contoller female adapter. then, use the IPvendor and IPproduct #'s of the mem. card instead of a USB stick.

#217 arkade

arkade

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 01:29 PM

i used a usbmem stick with a 1.6 with no probs.

#218 yokg13

yokg13

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 08:26 PM

Forthex, I need you Help!! I Followed all of your directions and sucessfully got Both of the game saves on to my Xbox HD (I am Using the Splinter Cell ltools). I go into Startgame then choose the linux profile and choose load checkpoint then my xbox just freezes. How do i get it to install the UDE/ltools explot? BTW i have a v1.0 Xbox K:4034 D: 5659

Edited by yokg13, 07 October 2004 - 08:28 PM.

#219 forthex

forthex

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 11:39 PM

to arkade: you either have a fluke xbox or you formatted the card with another xbox, right?

to yokg: i can see you use Live. this might be a problem. Try getting a hold of a 4290 dash or at least a lower dash than yours (i won't tell you were, just guess, but be careful where you get it), then get a temporary Evox exploit (SplinterCell_with_Evox.rar from the usual place), get FTP acces into your access, replace all the files in the C:\ with the files in the 4290 dash and reboot. Then, you should be able to install the UDE.

Remember to use the backup feature in Evox and find your eeprom.bin file and put it on your PC. it is also a good idea to backup your C:\ and E:\ on your PC, incase you fuck up anything.

#220 yokg13

yokg13

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 02:33 AM

But the weird thing is that i dont use live... Also i thought UDE was supposed to work on an xbox with any dash version?

#221 arkade

arkade

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 07:24 AM

QUOTE (forthex @ Oct 10 2004, 07:42 AM)
to arkade: you either have a fluke xbox or you formatted the card with another xbox, right?

Nah formatted with the same xbox. I first tried with a creative muvo stick which didnt work but the other one (not sure of the make and model) was fine.

#222 forthex

forthex

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 03:13 PM

to yokg:

did you by a used xbox, or a new one? if you bought a used one, the person before you could have used Live. and yes the UDE is supposed to work on almost any xbox. you might have to wait for the UXE to come out. (see the xbe exploit forum)

#223 yokg13

yokg13

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 06:48 PM

I bought my xbox a while ago, and it was new. I think it might be something with Splinter Cell so i am going to try it with the Mech assault version. BTW thanks for the help

#224 MmanGG

MmanGG

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 10:37 PM

Ok, I cannot even get started on this for some reason. I try and format my SanDisk Cruzer mini 128 but when I go to the memory tab in my dashboard the thing just keeps flashing and never formats or gives me even an error. Any help?

Even used that program to write all 0s over the thing and still nothing. I have no idea what to do now.

Edited by MmanGG, 11 October 2004 - 04:05 AM.

#225 ak2db

ak2db

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 03:56 PM

Ok, I've looked and looked, and can't find an answer to my problem. I got the AR software to recognize my Gateway 16MB stick. I formatted on my Xbox, and everything works. I transferred a save to my USB stick, and went to put it on my Xbox. My Xbox recognized the stick, and even the type of save, but the save was corrupt. I tried over and over, and couldn't get any saves to transfer. I even took a good save from my Xbox, transferred it to my PC, and when I tried to put it back on my Xbox, it was corrupt. What's up with that? sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users