Photo

Using A Usb Stick To Transfer Gamesave Exploits!

• Please log in to reply
504 replies to this topic

#496 b0ricuaguerrero

b0ricuaguerrero

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 11:32 PM

i got my usb stick to be recognized by max drive/ action replay but when i drag the mech assault files action replay and max drive crash on me any ideas????

#497 brando56894

brando56894

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 March 2008 - 10:02 PM

ok i have a problem here, i cant turn my AR usb drive back into a regular usb drive, i have the drivers for AR installed but windows keeps saying it doesnt know what the device is and doesnt display it in the device manager.

#498 UndeadSquirrel

UndeadSquirrel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:39 AM

Ok, I've got a USB to Xbox cable, and I'm using a SanDisk Cruzer Micro 4GB, with U3 removed, and got to the step where I formatted the USB drive in the Xbox, and attempted to install the MAXDRIVE drivers for it, and fail miserably. I tried this both in Windows Vista x64, and Windows XP Pro. Vista will NOT even recognize the driver provided by the xbreader.inf. XP does, and will show the USBIO in the device manager, but crashes (and I'm talking total Blue Screen of Death) and reboots when I try to update it. I'm down to my last strand of hair here from pulling it all out. I tried TONS of other USB devices, and all were reported "damaged" by the Xbox, except this one. HELP!

#499 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:41 AM

Use Xplorer360 beta 6 to read the USB stick - it doesn't need any drivers.

#500 UndeadSquirrel

UndeadSquirrel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 05:20 AM

For some reason this forum only shows the first 50 replies, then compacts the rest of them, and it keeps giving me an error when I click on any messages. Anyway, I got 360explorer, but all I get is a "Could not find a FATX drive to open!" error. So does that mean that despite my Xbox reading it (and I erased it to make sure), it's not really FATX?

#501 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 09:57 AM

If you're sure its Xplorer360 beta 6 then yes, it's possible that your stick isn't being formatted properly. The easiest way to tell is to create a gamesave, copy it from your Xbox to the memory stick, delete it from your Xbox, then copy it back from your memory stick and run the game again. If the save works then your memory stick is fine and the problem is with your computer.

#502 jaybeebrad

jaybeebrad

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:12 AM

No one has posted here for quite some time so I'm hoping hoping HOPING I'll get a response.

Did the whole soldering process of a female end USB and male end of a controller, plugged it in with a USB stick. When I go to the 'memory' page, the screen starts flashing and the light on the USB stick lights up indicating that it's being accessed, but it just continues to flicker. I don't get any message telling me there's a problem.

I'm using a 4GB USB drive and I'm wondering if perhaps it's too big (storage wise) or too modern to utilize?

OR is this flashing normal and I'm just not waiting long enough for the error message and the formatting of the USB drive?

Your response is greatly appreciated.

#503 jaybeebrad

jaybeebrad

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE(jaybeebrad @ Dec 28 2010, 03:12 AM) View Post

No one has posted here for quite some time so I'm hoping hoping HOPING I'll get a response.

Did the whole soldering process of a female end USB and male end of a controller, plugged it in with a USB stick. When I go to the 'memory' page, the screen starts flashing and the light on the USB stick lights up indicating that it's being accessed, but it just continues to flicker. I don't get any message telling me there's a problem.

I'm using a 4GB USB drive and I'm wondering if perhaps it's too big (storage wise) or too modern to utilize?

OR is this flashing normal and I'm just not waiting long enough for the error message and the formatting of the USB drive?

Your response is greatly appreciated.

Sorry for back to back posts but I couldn't find an edit option.

So I switched to a 2GB USB drive and now when I go into "memory" it finds the memory card successfully - but it never went through the step where an error message pops up and the usb stick is formatted. But it must have been if the Xbox recognizes it, right?

So then continuing in the steps, I went to edit the xbreader.ini file, except on my system it is "xbreader.inf" - but it is identical, so I edited it accordingly.

Here is where things get derailed, step 1.4:
"1.4: Go to Start, Contol Panel, and click "switch to classic view" on the left hand side and the top. Double click on System, click the hardware tab, and click Device Manager. Expand the Universal Serial Bus Controllers row, right click on USB Mass Storage Device and click Update Driver. Now, on the Hardware Update Driver window, select "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)", and click next. Select "Don't Search. I will choose the driver the install". Click next. Select "ActionReplay XBOX" and click next. "

When I go to control panel, things aren't quite the same as this text because I'm on Windows 7. But I get to the point where it says "Browse My Computer For Driver Software," and I go into the appropriate "ActionReplay Xbox" directory and hit "next", and it tells me that Windows has determined that the driver software for my device is up to date.

So this is where I'm stuck at. When I stick the USB drive into my PC it wants me to format it, BTW, so I can't copy any data onto it - but I assume that would be solved by putting the AR drivers on it.

The next issue that comes up is in step 2.1; I am using the Mechwarrior exploit, and the file I downloaded from xbins is Itools_MA_v1.7.5.zip. (I also downloaded v1.8.rc1.zip but am not sure which to use. When I unzip the file I get UDATA/4d530017/ and in that directory are "62D648EBF155" (folder), SaveImage.xbx, TitleImage.xbx and TitleMeta.xbx; in the example given the "SaveImage.xbx" file does not appear. Inside the sub-directory (62D...) there are a variety of folders and files.

Also, based on the guide, there should be TWO folders (with the string of numbers/letters as a title) in the UDATA folder - the actual linux based UDE installer, and the gamesave exploit. For me there is only ONE folder in the UDATA directory. I went ahead and copied the "datelinfo.xbx" file into the directory that does exist...

So this is where I'm at. I've worked very hard to get up to this point and to be honest this kind of thing is kind of new to me even though I'm no techno-idiot. I'm sort of welling up with frustration and could really use some help.

#504 Heimdall

Heimdall

X-S Legend

• Members
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 03:41 PM

Use Xplorer360 beta 6 to copy the files to your memory stick - no need for any drivers.

Use the Krayzie 1.1.1 gamesave - the one you are using (Ltools_MA_v1.7.5.zip) installs a very old softmod.

Edited by Heimdall, 28 December 2010 - 03:42 PM.

#505 jaybeebrad

jaybeebrad

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Dec 28 2010, 09:41 AM) View Post

Use Xplorer360 beta 6 to copy the files to your memory stick - no need for any drivers.

Use the Krayzie 1.1.1 gamesave - the one you are using (Ltools_MA_v1.7.5.zip) installs a very old softmod.

It's also entirely possible that I have destroyed my system permanently, about which I am on the verge of tears. See my response in the other thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users