3 replies to this topic

#1 guile

guile

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 01:53 PM

I'm a streams newbie and just wanted to know what are some of the BEST streams out there? I noticed in (one of the more popular stream
packs I downloaded) resouloution varies. Is there a source for higher res streams? I have a ton of tv channels from other countries in the pack.
Are there any higher res us channels worth viewing? Thanks!
g

#2 guile

guile

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 07:24 PM

C'mon, 27 views and not reply? Nobody uses streams now?
g

#3 punqewe

punqewe

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 August 2004 - 08:34 PM

I usually just wait for packs to be updated....unless you really wanna search for your own. There was a page with alot of streams listed,but I forget where I saw it. sorry.

#4 nimbles

nimbles

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • Interests:Student, Mathematical Finance.<br>Most sports, footbal (Arsenal fan), cricket &amp; rugby<br>Movie Junkie.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 21 August 2004 - 02:59 AM

That is pretty subjective my advice is if you can get a stream you like particularly in Windows Media player right click in the player (either the one in IE or if it launches to an external player) then slect proerties get the stream address and then follow the guide:

QUOTE (mynci & JayDee)

1) Check you have the .strm file format included in your XboxMediaCenter.xml file:

Check the <musicextensions> tag (yes music) for .strm and if it doesn't exist, add |.strm to the end of the list in the same way as the others that are there already.

2) Put together a strm file:
Stream files end in .strm but are just text files. In notepad enter the following and save it as ResearchChannel.strm or something similar:

mms://media-wm.cac.washington.edu/ResearchTV Live

3) Copy that file to somewhere that is accessable in My Music/ My Videos and open it:
This might be a samba share or the Xbox hard disk, where every your music is. Then go to My Music and navigate to your newly created file and select it. Streaming might take a while to start and is unstable for some streams so you'll just have to play around.

(Edited it so it reflects how the situation is now)

Edited by nimbles, 21 August 2004 - 03:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users