Photo

What Are The Differnet Hdd Portions About?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rocko77

rocko77

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 02:11 PM

Hi
I am getting a modchip and was wondering about the differnt hard drive portions such as F drive and C drive and so on. Can someone please explain if each portion is already there or whether it needs to be created. What files need to go into each portion when modding such as apps. And if something goes in the wrong portion and you are using xbox live, can you get banned?
Thanks

#2 D_BLOCK

D_BLOCK

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 02:25 PM

This was taken from the pinned topic at the top of the page. Please read this as well as the FAQ section. I may be a noob but I still know how to look for things. biggrin.gif

What are of these drives/partitions used for on my xbox hard drive?
C - 500 MB - menu code, graphics, sound, DVD player, etc (partition 2)
D - Dvd Drive
E - 4895 MB - Data - saved games and imported CD audio tracks (partition 1)
F - See below. (partion 6)
X - 750 MB - Game Cache - temporary data of a game for faster access. (partition 3)
Y - 750 MB - Game Cache - temporary data of a game for faster access. (partition 4)
Z - 750 MB - Game Cache - temporary data of a game for faster access. (partition 5)

The Seagate Drives are 10gig and have 1896 MB of unused, unpartitioned space. You can format this space and it will be your F drive. If your stock drive is made by WD, then the sizes are just as shown above. Also, when replacing the hard drive, all space outside of what is shown above is partitioned to the F drive. The only exception to this is with drives larger than 137gig. You then have the option of creating a 7th partition, "G drive" using the space above 137gig.
You cannot change the size of any the drives, they are left alone for compatibility.
Dont use drives X Y and Z for any kind of storage, there is a good chance that it will be deleted at any time.

Edited by D_BLOCK, 20 August 2004 - 02:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users