154 replies to this topic

#61 Token User

Token User

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 01 November 2004 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (Token User @ Oct 21 2004, 07:44 PM)
This went off to the never never yesterday, but anyway ...

Order 1426 went in last week. Accepted via Paypal, money withdrawn from account - so "someone" has record of the transaction.

Trying to contact chipdealer, but unable to reach website .... weird.

All I want is my X3 sad.gif

After talking to RoT over IRC (EFNET, #Chipdealer channel), my chip finally shipped last week ... and arrived at the wrong address on Friday. Not Chipdealers fault - everything was correctly addressed. Our pot head postman has a hard time realising that the letter box out side my house, with my house numbers actually should get the letters addressed to me. Instead he delivered it next door (residential neghbourhood, its not like a close packed apartment complex - he is just brain dead).

As far as I can see, everything arrived in tact.

So --- order placed 12 Oct. Order arrived 29 Oct.

I'm not unhappy about the transaction, because I wasn't in any great hurry. I am dissatisfied with the communication involved with the process though.

IRC should not be used as a substitute for customer service or email. Nuff said.

Rav182001 - jump onto EFNET and message RoT or whatnot in the #Chipdealer room. My understanding is that a number of premods went out last week. Be civil or you will get bumped.

Oh well - time to pull apart my Xbox, find out which version it is (suspect 1.4) and get soldering. Wonder if my boss will notice if I am not online dry.gif

#62 afrikabambatta

afrikabambatta

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 07:23 PM

grr.gif managed to actually get a hold of these theives on mirc

This is our conversation. He actually wanted me to pay agian.

<Guest5736> whats going on with my order #1677
<Guest5736> Its been a long time and i am very nervous now
<RoT> it was cancelled
<Guest5736> omg
<RoT> we emailed you about it
<Guest5736> to where
<RoT> I will have to look it up
<RoT> are you in SD?
<Guest5736> why did you keep the $$ and the xbox
<Guest5736> yes
<RoT> we didnt keep your xbox
<RoT> its ready
<RoT> just sitting here
<Guest5736> was the work performed?
<RoT> [09:32] <RoT> we didnt keep your xbox
<RoT> [09:32] <RoT> its ready
<RoT> [09:32] <RoT> just sitting here
<RoT> IM not sure what part of that you dont understand
<Guest5736> so am i supposed to pick it up
<RoT> no but we need you to dispute the paypal payment you sent becuase the account owner died
<RoT> and when they refund you please send me the payment personally
<Guest5736> you have to be kidding me
<RoT> no IM not joking about my partner and friend for 10 years dying
<Guest5736> i would like to speak with you
<RoT> sure
<Guest5736> where can i call?
<RoT> call 760 910 8xxx
<Guest5736> thanks
<RoT> yup
<Guest5736> Listen Rot I can appreceate your situation and my sincerest condolences
<Guest5736> However i just spoke with my attourney
<Guest5736> She advised me that you are in breach of contract
<RoT> no problem
<Guest5736> It is not my responsibility to deal with pay pal
<RoT> I will have them unmod it today
<RoT> and you can take it up with paypal and the deceased
<RoT> and we will return it to ya
<RoT> thanks

[SIZE=14][COLOR=red]DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THESE GUYS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES

it is a shame that teamxecuter.com would list these guys prominately on their website somone should inform them that they are promoting this kind of thing

If i dont get my box by the end of the week its off to cour we go

#63 RAV182001

RAV182001

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 November 2004 - 03:09 PM

unsure.gif to all people who r looking to buy an x box or mod chip. plse do not deal w chipdealer , they r scamers.after numerous emails i finally rec an ansr . their answr was deal w/ paypal for a refund. unfortunatly our old paypal acct past away. i spent 418.00 and thats the ans i get . im waning all of u out there be careful. i also hope that xecuter .com gets them off their bets seller site list, cause many more people r going to get screwed i did sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

#64 frankgomez75

frankgomez75

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 09:55 AM

grr.gif

This company SUX! Plain and simple, DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!!!
I order 10 DUO SE 2 chips from them. Never found out what happend to them. Waited over a week and no replies to any of my emails. These people will take your money and run! Stay away from them.

I hope they burn!!!! muhaha.gif

#65 Modiller

Modiller

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 November 2004 - 06:26 AM

i understand how people are very mad, about everything I want you guys to do this. If you payed to shawnspaypal@aol.com, if your not getting the help you need, if its been weeks and not got your order or have any comments or concerns I want you to PM me with your order # and im going to personally take care of it.

#66 MasterChief B

MasterChief B

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 05:24 PM

Here is the Email that i just sent them. I ordered an X3 on 11/5, they said it was shipped priority 2-3 days on 11/12. Still no chip and still no contact. I hope they get in touch with me because this is absolute nonsense!! I will post the outcome of this disaster here. I am still hoping for a good one...

"Dear Sir or Madam,

I have contacted you before regarding my order in the emails below. In response, once you sent me the USPS tracking number and once you sent me a paypal email saying that my payment has been " marked " as shipped. The USPS tracking information still ONLY says that they were informed to "EXPECT" my order for shipment on November 12, 2004, and the "order shipped" notice from paypal is only set to "order shipped" by the seller. I have no confidence that this order has been shipped as it does not take 8 business days to ship something priority mail from California to Ohio. This was originally ordered on November 5th! and it is now November 22nd. Please get back to me and tell me what is going on immediately.

Here is what USPS.Com reports when the tracking number that you supplied is entered today, November 22, 2004:

Track & Confirm

Current Status

You entered 0180 5213 9075 8875 4689

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper or shipping partner on November 12, 2004 to expect your package for mailing. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

This is exactly what it has said since you first sent the tracking number and this and your paypal email do nothing to assure me that this package has been sent. Please get back to me soon as I am tired of worrying about this.

Sincerely,"

#67 ericpell

ericpell

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 07:46 AM

Chipdealer.com can't be beat - These guys really take care of you - and itís a welcome change to finally deal with people who actually know what their talking about! At first I ordered my X3 chip from them just because they had the best price - and they do, with free shipping by the way! But it turns out that the guys are also really helpful and knowledgeable which makes a customers life much easier. I highly recommend dealing with them.

Thanks to Modiller, PhiSqaure, and the rest of the guys for putting up with me - and my stupid 1.6b!

#68 shadow mazter

shadow mazter

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 146 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 24 November 2004 - 11:36 PM

Ok, i just ordered an xecuter 3 from these guys and i wanted to no if i did the right choice, so you think i did? cause if i dont get it in like 4 days im gonna be so pissed and fuc*en kill my self smile.gif so i hope i get a respond from any staff of CHIPDEALER people

Thanks

#69 Digital Rapage

Digital Rapage

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 03:35 PM

Dear God

i just ordered a Xecuter 3 from them like 2 days ago and NOW i find this forum saying all these bad stuff and how long it took them for it to arrive. Well i hope i will get an answer from a staff from chipdealer from here but i hope i recive my chip

#70 inkspoof

inkspoof

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 11:42 PM

*RoT* ok we have your order but
*RoT* were sending you an email about upgrading it
*RoT* http://www.teamxecuter.com/
*RoT* we just got these in and 90% of the people who ordered in the last week want this stuff for
+their x3
*me* the xlcd?
*RoT* yep
*RoT* xlcd and proswitches
*me* okay
*RoT* so the email is coming
*me* how soon?
*RoT* and let us know cuz we will ship them all together
*RoT* saving $$$ for us both

I was able to ask RoT about my order placed last week and that's what he said to me. I haven't gotten the email yet so I'm waiting for it.

#71 MasterChief B

MasterChief B

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 03:22 PM

QUOTE (MasterChief B @ Nov 22 2004, 06:27 PM)
Here is the Email that i just sent them. I ordered an X3 on 11/5, they said it was shipped priority 2-3 days on 11/12. Still no chip and still no contact. I hope they get in touch with me because this is absolute nonsense!! I will post the outcome of this disaster here. I am still hoping for a good one...

"Dear Sir or Madam,

I have contacted you before regarding my order in the emails below. In response, once you sent me the USPS tracking number and once you sent me a paypal email saying that my payment has been " marked " as shipped. The USPS tracking information still ONLY says that they were informed to "EXPECT" my order for shipment on November 12, 2004, and the "order shipped" notice from paypal is only set to "order shipped" by the seller. I have no confidence that this order has been shipped as it does not take 8 business days to ship something priority mail from California to Ohio. This was originally ordered on November 5th! and it is now November 22nd. Please get back to me and tell me what is going on immediately.

Here is what USPS.Com reports when the tracking number that you supplied is entered today, November 22, 2004:

Track & Confirm

Current Status

You entered 0180 5213 9075 8875 4689

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper or shipping partner on November 12, 2004 to expect your package for mailing. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

This is exactly what it has said since you first sent the tracking number and this and your paypal email do nothing to assure me that this package has been sent. Please get back to me soon as I am tired of worrying about this.

Sincerely,"

Just to update...still no chip. They still look at their website, it shows that it has been completed, but the USPS.com tracking number still shows that the order was expected for shipment. Not that it actually shipped. I am so irritated with this company. On 11/12 they said it would be 2-3 day shipping. Now it is 11/29 on an order placed 11/5 and still no Chip and a bunch of unfullfilled promises from someone on their IRC channel that said he saw it didn't go out and that he would message his shipping department to get it out.

I am so unhappy with these people.

#72 Tsuchikage

Tsuchikage

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 12:16 AM

Does anyone know how to contact chipdealer.com? It's been two weeks and no update from them. The last contact I had with them was a dead link for an update on the X3 I ordered. I ordered my HD from them a couple months ago and they were very quick and very good with their updates. I'm concerned right now b/c I cant get ahold of them and they have yet to respond to me.

#73 MasterChief B

MasterChief B

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 04:56 PM

Order # 2658. I finally got a hold of RoT on the #chipdealer channel, and my order was issued another tracking number and I was told that I would have it by this Friday 12/04/2004, after ordering it on 11/04/2004.

Unfortunately, I am travelling Friday morning so I will not be able to see if it actually arrives. If I see any movement on the tracking information at USPS.com I will not file a paypal complaint, but so far all I see is that they "expect" my package to be shipped.

This is all I have seen for a month. They have said on the chipdealer site that the order has been completed on 11/12, and then again on 11/29, and it was assigned a tracking number each of these times, but I have seen no evidence to date that it has ever been shipped. Hopefully new information will post at USPS.com this evening or tomorrow. Tomorrow night, if there is no change I have to file the paypal complaint to try to obtain the funds I used to pay for this.

Chipdealer also did not do anything to try to make me feel better about waiting a month, writing a ton of emails, wasting a ton of time on their IRC site, and wasting a ton of time on these boards. No refund, no offer of a new switch or lcd. Nothing. At this point I just hope to see a change on the USPS.com tracking site and that I get my chip.

They are also doing business as a California corporation, but everyone on their IRC channel says they are in Hong Kong and just "LOL's" about it like it is the funniest thing. They basically laugh at you if you are having a problem with them on that channel. They are ill equipped to deal with anyone and I have a hugely sour taste in my mouth from this entire transaction. I advise everyone to go elsewhere to look for your chips and modification supplies.

I will post again with an outcome. 28 days and counting.

#74 FoxRacR17

FoxRacR17

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts
  • Interests:Ummmmmmm.........XBOX??!! And GIRLS!!!
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 03 December 2004 - 12:42 AM

i ordered a X3 from them last month, i think i ordered it on a thursday, and i had the chip in my mailbox the following monday. I dont see whats so bad about them, i have now ordered a Xlcd from them and i have been talking to Rot on #chipdealer on efnet and they seem pretty legit. But if i just got lucky the first time i sure hope i get lucky again this time. Rot told me that my chip will be shipped today and that i should recieve it tomorrow or saturday 'cause i guess i only live 2 hours away from them. I will post back when i get my Xlcd.

#75 6zero9

6zero9

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 December 2004 - 07:37 PM

I've been modded since the xecuter one was hot. i've been through almost all the big chip resellers. i've had some good and some bad experiences, for sure.
i ordered an x2.6, an x3 and an xlcd from chip dealer last monday. When i got it, it was missing the x3. i've been doin the whole online shopping thing for a while, and i understand ish happens. so, i got on #chipdealer and talked to rot. (cool channel to just kick it and chat in too, btw). he was pretty busy, but he did help me out quite a bit. it was kinda hard to tell if he was being serious or joking half the time, but that's cool, that's how i am.
anyway, after a bit of talking and all that, he said i'd prolly have my chip by saturday. heres hopin.
i'd recommend chipdealer.com to anyone who isnt in a hurry. run by a bunch of guys that don't mind chattin with you.
they were willing to work with me, and hopefully everything will work out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users