• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 devlkore

devlkore

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts
  • Interests:Games, Photoshop, martial arts, soft toys, PokéMon, PowerPuff Girls, cartoons, music, jumping
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 August 2004 - 04:10 AM

Heyo,
A while back someone posted in the Avalaunch forum that they enabled 480p and they were using a standard scart lead and they noticed the picture was sharper or something (my guess is just the lack of interlacing looked helluva cool).
Anyway, I tried asking there but didn't get any proper answers, so I was wondering if this is even theoretically possible?

I don't know about the different standards of video signals and what types of cables are capable of transmitting what, so I thought I'd ask here, where I'm sure more people will know what they're talking about.

I would just change my settings in Avalaunch to enable 480p and see what happens, but my harddrive is locked (soft modded) and Avalaunch won't let you change certain settings (Hi-Def included) with the harddrive locked.

So, is this possible and if so, is there any risk to my TV (it's a Samsung Plano WS-28W8VNE if that helps)?

ThanX and BYEEEEE!!

#2 fahrenheit

fahrenheit

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 06:09 AM

Not possible. RGB via SCART is the best interlaced video signal that the Xbox is capable of (concerning games not DVD) but it cannot do progressive.

Edited by fahrenheit, 21 August 2004 - 06:11 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users