Photo

Problem, Hard To Explain Just Need Advice.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dp1983

Dp1983

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 05:41 AM

I have a 1.0 xbox with a Xecutrer 1.2 solderless chip in it. Always worked great though the modchip comes loose sometimes. What do you think the following problem is? I put my friends samsung in my xbox(traded my thomson for it) and everything worked. I have a solderless mod chip and it comes loose every once in awhile when I travel. I'll frag and I have to open it up. However, recently I have been something wierd has been happening. Maybe someone bumped my xbox I don't know. It's like the modchip is almost out of place but not quite. This is what happens:

I'll wake up the next morning or after I have let my xbox cool down for a bit. The xbox will boot to my dashboard. I will then try and play a game and it will freeze during the load.

Then when I turn it back on the xbox may do one of the following things. Load to the Dashboard(games may now start to load or not), frag, or freeze at the MS screen where it says Xecuter 2. I can reset it a number of times and it may do this. It will always load correctly if I disable the modchip.

I think the modchip may be getting loose because sometimes it frags and sometimes it doesn't and because it always will load when the chip is disabled. Do you agree? Just want to make sure nothing really bad is wrong with it. I'm lazy and don't feel like realigning my chip smile.gif Heh.

That reminds me. My friend whenver his modchip comes loose he just hits the side of the xbox. Not too hard but just enough you know. And that realigns his chip smile.gif. Do you think that is safe? Heh.

Thanks guys.

#2 phire

phire

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 07:52 AM

you are experiencing the most common problem people have with solderless chips...

you may not be getting good contact with the lpc and or d0, causing your xbox to frag and do other wacky things..

if you want to solve the problem.. wire/solder it directly to the mobo's respective points and you wont ever have to bang the side of the box again...

#3 Dp1983

Dp1983

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 08:00 AM

Hey, thanks. I thought that was what was happening. I think it is my LPC messing up because when my D0 isn't in it normally just boots to MS dash. At least I think that's how it works.

Any tips for LPC contact? Last time I asked for tech help all the talk was D0 this and D0 that. Never had problems with that point. Harder to align but stays in good once you do. My LPC is always coming out though. I just don't understand how I can be playing it and then I'll go to sleep and then when I wake up the next day to play it will pull this crap. Nothing has touched it. Talk about sensitive. It probably just needs to be realigned. Sigh....

Thanks for the reply.

#4 poogles

poogles

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 118 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 21 August 2004 - 08:11 AM

QUOTE (Dp1983 @ Aug 21 2004, 09:03 AM)
Any tips for LPC contact?

Try removing the chip and adapter and follow this guide. I've done that and you can feel the difference between a poorly fitted set and one done just right.

If it still persists, try soldering. I'm no advocate of this but many people say it has superior connectivity and what not over using the xapter. Good lucko!

#5 Dp1983

Dp1983

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 10:31 PM

Hmm I don't have an xapter(are they good?) I just used what my x2.2 lite + came with. Copper pins, attached to my chip.

Here is what scares me. I tested my xbox again today and last night and it did the same stuff. It never diveates from this pattern.

I will start up my xbox after a period of time having not used it. It will always boot to the dashboard correctly on the first try. However, the first program I try to run whether a game, app, etc it will freeze on load.

Then normally after this it will frag. I think it has always fragged on second boot after the load freeze. Then it's just a matter of time(hitting the side of the case, or just keep booting with chip off then back on) before it will then return to the dashboard. Then the xbox will work correctly until my next cold boot.

I just don't understand why, or how it can follow this pattern so perfectly. Could someone explain?

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users