#1 total_ass

total_ass

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 21 August 2004 - 05:32 PM

yes i know absolutely nothing about xbmc. when i update, and i want to keep my current configuration, (i.e default dirs, filters etc,) what files do i need to and put in the new folder. or do i not need to do anything because its stored in the gamesave folder?

#2 nimbles

nimbles

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • Interests:Student, Mathematical Finance.<br>Most sports, footbal (Arsenal fan), cricket &amp; rugby<br>Movie Junkie.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 21 August 2004 - 05:48 PM

settings will be stored in game save- write over the original XBMC folder- if you have music playlists then do not delete the \albums folder (this gets generated by xbmc on first install so there shouldn't be an albums folder in the build you compiled/got from the usual places.

you may ( although don't do it unless necessary) need to delete the the 3 files in the albums folder:
myprogramsx.db
mymusicy.db
myvideosz.db

where x, y and z are single digit numbers,- these are database files and sometimes need to be cleared on upgrade (especially if there has been an alteration made to the way the database works)- don't do it straight away but if you are having probs with apps/album art/imdb info not showing up then those and rescan

#3 total_ass

total_ass

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 21 August 2004 - 05:56 PM

thanks for info man. ftping 18-08 over now biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users