• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#1 weaglez

weaglez

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 03:51 AM

hi, thank you for checking it out. if you know how to hook up xbox to laptop please leave msg. why? I want to be more portable with xbox. I am thinking probebly I need those external TV tuner box? right?

Edited by weaglez, 25 February 2004 - 04:03 AM.

#2 wweboy

wweboy

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 04:24 AM

I actually did this and it worked well...

First get the BELKIN VIDEO BUS II it goes for 99 dollars it's a USB plug in and then it has RCA cables and a S video plug ins. then just connect it to one of your usb ports and hook the xbox video cables in and find like a video capture program that u can view whats on the screen I used my ATI TV viewer program that cam with my cap card for my computer, I just changed the setting to run off of the Video Bus and I got full screen and everything and audio was graet.

#3 quall

quall

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 February 2004 - 04:37 AM

video bus only captures at 352 x 288 and 30 frames per second. Almost half the xbox resolution. Full screen would be very blurry.....

#4 Trevante

Trevante

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,929 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 February 2004 - 05:42 AM

your best option would probably be one of those portable monitors. video capture devices are either expensive and good, or cheap and crappy (at least for playing video games)

#5 gerzand

gerzand

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 04:36 PM

Using any TV tuner is not a good idea for the xbox on a PC. I have a $200 Haugpauge WinTVPVR 2 USB 2.0 version and there is still some delay on my laptop. It is just the amount of time that it takes the info to pass thru the USB Bus. Same goes when i'm watching TV on it. There is a PCMCIA tuner card on the marker with HDTV inputs but it costs $650 for the lower model to $1100 for the better one ohmy.gif . I bought at 19'' LCD off tigerdiect.com and it is sooo sweet. It has the best contrast ratio and pixel response time of any LCD on the market, and it only cost me $500 for the Sceptre versus the $1100 price tag on the Viewsonic!
It even takes Sync on green VGA

Gerzand

Edited by gerzand, 25 February 2004 - 04:38 PM.

#6 spillage

spillage

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 February 2004 - 09:49 PM

Hi Gerzand

What's the model number of your new 19" LCD. I am in the market for one myself. Just about to buy an Evesham Athlon 64 bit machine but want a great monitor that I can also take to LAN parties.

Thanks

#7 sonic834

sonic834

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 09:56 PM

some laptops have an input for external devices to use its monitor, and if the laptop doesn't have it the docking station probably does.

then you can make a VGA cable, hook it up, and there you go

#8 Stealth Ermac

Stealth Ermac

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 12:29 AM

So did the belkin capable work really well? I bought two TV inputs and neither worked like mentioned. I tried both the WinTV PVR2 USB and the Pinnacle version, both had the same amount of lag which is no good for playing video games.

There is the Intec portable screen but for 180$ it hard seems work the price for a 7.2 inch screen. Otherwise I'd be looking into a LCD monitor.

But if the belkin think works I wouldn't mind checking it out, because I haven't been able to get XDK screenshots to work too well.

#9 weaglez

weaglez

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 February 2004 - 03:53 AM

some laptops have an input for external devices to use its monitor, and if the laptop doesn't have it the docking station probably does.

then you can make a VGA cable, hook it up, and there you go

how to make VGA cable? VGA to AV?

Edited by weaglez, 26 February 2004 - 07:54 PM.

#10 gerzand

gerzand

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE (spillage @ Feb 25 2004, 10:49 PM)
Hi Gerzand

What's the model number of your new 19" LCD. I am in the market for one myself. Just about to buy an Evesham Athlon 64 bit machine but want a great monitor that I can also take to LAN parties.

Thanks

It is a Sceptre Dragon X9 19''.... its got the best pixel response time and contrast ratio of any LCD on the market (15ms/ 700:1), and folds up quite nicely for transport....plus its inexpensive!

Gerzand

#11 Zer04evr

Zer04evr

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 May 2004 - 03:36 PM

i have 2 laptops
-IBM Thinkpad t23
and a
-Dell Inspirion 8200

and was wondering if there was any way to have the xbox video signal to show thru the laptops monitor. im sorry if this has been asked but my normal area is the msdash hacks and modding areas thanks in advance

#12 Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Hacking Horse

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,588 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 04:41 PM

You could probably get a FireWire (or possibly USB 2.0) video capture device. Pretty expensive tho, around $250 for a good quality one.

#13 Zer04evr

Zer04evr

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 May 2004 - 04:55 PM

damn so thers no way to get the signal thru a vga adapter like the way some here play thru a pc monitor sorry if im talking outa my ass but i dont wanna spend more on a flip down screen for my car

#14 Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Hacking Horse

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,588 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 05:18 PM

Well, I've never seen a laptop with a VGA input port, but if yours has one sure.

#15 akarnid

akarnid

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 08:04 PM

If your Inspiron has video-in, then you could use that. But it will never give any decent picture quality, being composite and all. But dream on for that VGA in....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users