• Please log in to reply
586 replies to this topic

#1 eh.

eh.

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • Location:exploit related treasure hunts; finds re. MAEEE, UDE2 + "UD-eh!" per UXE, UEEE, UDDEE, UDDAE & Ndure
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 21 August 2004 - 07:11 PM

No, there's nothing to worry about; if you've already ran it, thanks for kindly trying to help evolve the exploit further. This isn't an attempt at "reverse psychology" aimed at the leechers either! Here's where I'm coming from...

M$ will do everything they can to fix the known kernel and dashboard flaws, of course. The same will happen if the scans reveal something else, especially before Halo 2's released (just in time for the Holiday season...)!

Consequently, I've decided to stop my (futile) efforts to encourage scans, move back into the shadows and wait re UD-eh! lurk.gif

(Edit: changed time reference, a spelling and punctuation of the final remark eh.)

Edited by eh., 30 August 2004 - 08:06 PM.

#2 Chicken Scratch Boy

Chicken Scratch Boy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 21 August 2004 - 07:29 PM

well... there is the whole PAL thing, but the current work around... works

how about the pal users find UDE3? tongue.gif

#3 Flame2k

Flame2k

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 21 August 2004 - 08:43 PM

bitches tongue.gif FINE WE WILL find ude 3, we dont need ur help....much....

#4 OliG

OliG

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 11:18 PM

lol
It would be nice to find a usable xbe for PAL. I know we have a work around (which works just fine) but it would be nice to not have to mess with the bios settings at all.

I for one will continue to scan machines as people let me look at them. I'm sure M$ are very interested in the latest break throughs and are kicking themselves. We do need to keep people aware of scanning the hard disks for exploitable xbe's that way more chance of finding one.

OliG

#5 triggernum5

triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 August 2004 - 12:56 AM

I think he's making the point that now is a crucial time for MS.. With Halo 2 approaching it is definately in their best interest to force a dash upgrade that closes any possible exploits, as well as new kernels for new machines. They'd like to stop softmodding as completely as possible, they will definately be hunting the forums to determine more holes to fix. If new exploitable xbe's are found and made public MS will jump on them for the Halo 2 release. If progress was kept a little more secretive, an exploit or two might be able to slip through the cracks.
Kinda boils down to that CIA expression, Our successes are private. Our failures are public.

Edited by triggernum5, 22 August 2004 - 12:57 AM.

#6 Flame2k

Flame2k

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 01:09 PM

trig, thats getting me worried abt running halo 2 on my box lol.

#7 triggernum5

triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 01:37 PM

Its a big day for MS.. I'd wait for some guinea pigs to run it first if you're softmoded.. (I'll be a guinea pig, I don't care..). I would only expect MS to try to totally reinvent themselves for the occasion.

#8 Flame2k

Flame2k

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 05:50 PM

yeh. they just have to spoil all the fun jester.gif

if u could see them re-inventing themselves, do u think we will see xbox 1.7???????

who knows.
If they are watching us, a new dash and possibly new kernel will definatly come out by the end of this year in my opinion

#9 eh.

eh.

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • Location:exploit related treasure hunts; finds re. MAEEE, UDE2 + "UD-eh!" per UXE, UEEE, UDDEE, UDDAE & Ndure

Posted 23 August 2004 - 03:02 PM

The most recent softmods will very likely result in a new kernel being released before Halo 2. M$ could remove the EEE from the dashboard too, but they've (surprisingly) chosen not to do that so far eh.

#10 Flame2k

Flame2k

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 03:15 PM

im sure we will be able to overcome whatever they throw at us.

#11 OliG

OliG

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (Flame2k @ Aug 22 2004, 06:53 PM)
If they are watching us, a new dash and possibly new kernel will definatly come out by the end of this year in my opinion

Flame2k, your sounding paranoid. People watching us. This is a forum. : P

There is no doubt that they are keeping tabs on this and a few other sites.

OliG

#12 eh.

eh.

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 05:53 PM

Absolutely, so don't let the scans potentially reveal something prematurely eh. unsure.gif

#13 triggernum5

triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 08:59 PM

Who should PAL XBL users show interesting logs to under the table then?

#14 total_ass

total_ass

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 09:28 PM

MS can't actually stop our current exploits from working can they? i mean without the original fonts, then no in-game updates, and if we're running X2 then no XBL updates. so if i never connect to xbox live am i completely safe forever?

#15 triggernum5

triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 09:55 PM

Don't count MS out.. With their current techniques you are safe.. They could change that. And the main point is that hopefully if MS isn't clued into target files, a hole might develop to softmod the next kernel too. Nothing you can do to change whether or not they manage to update your dash.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users