flashfreak

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 August 2004 - 10:26 PM

I don't know if theres a topic like this already, but heres one.

I play CTF, 8 players a lot, and some of the games are too even. No captures for the first hour and a half, i dunno whether its cos im not gr8 with the tactics or what, but neway i thought it'd be a cool place where ne1 can swap all their gr8 ideas.

I'll start with a blood gulch tactic:
When you go in for an attack, take the gun of the warthog and get a mate to drive it. While your friend drives past the opposing base, jump off and run in the top. Next, wait out the back or front while your friend is circling around the base, and when he drives past with the passenger side facing you, jump in for a quick getaway! Or even go through the teleporter and have your friend waiting there.

Or in sidewinder:
Park a car in the bottom point of the map, where the camoflage and overshield are, right against the wall grate thing on your side of it, then leave it and go up the ramps the long way around.
When you steal their flag, go up to their side of the grate, and if your car is still there, walk up to the grate, press X to enter whichever seat of the warthog, and your through the barrier, now either walk home or let the warthog take you.

#2 whozyodaddy

whozyodaddy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 12:18 AM

When attacking for the flag, always have either a shotgun, or rocket launcher with at least 2 grenades. Patience is always the key, once you kill everybody on their base either go through the teleporter and have a friend there who tellefrags everyone who comes to chase you... or drive a warthog, or walk by foot (on the blue base climb the hill to the left all the way to red and score).

#3 Crypty

Crypty

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 12:37 AM

In BG get 1 guy in the gunner and 1 in the driver seat and drop the gunner at the front base entrance, have him run through as you go left around the base and he jumps in the passenger seat as you drive by the back entrance to the base. Its probably better he goes in the passenger seat for the getaway because it's got much more armor.

#4 whozyodaddy

whozyodaddy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 12:52 AM

QUOTE (Crypty @ Aug 23 2004, 01:40 AM)
In BG get 1 guy in the gunner and 1 in the driver seat and drop the gunner at the front base entrance, have him run through as you go left around the base and he jumps in the passenger seat as you drive by the back entrance to the base. Its probably better he goes in the passenger seat for the getaway because it's got much more armor.

That method usually does not work because the opposing team throws a frag at the warthog flipping it over delaying the team then killing them cool.gif

#5 Crypty

Crypty

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 01:53 AM

QUOTE (whozyodaddy @ Aug 23 2004, 01:55 AM)
That method usually does not work because the opposing team throws a frag at the warthog flipping it over delaying the team then killing them cool.gif

It usually works for me because nobody is good enough to frag a full speed warthog. Additionally, the warthog is always the best approach to capping, so if you think you are going to get fragged while driving it, you better just give up, because you wont easily win without using it and taking that risk.

#6 AnThRaX

AnThRaX

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 02:53 AM

Learn to fly with the hog when you get to the base you can hit the wall and hill just right to make the gunner fly he will land on the flag and im usually out on top he throws it up to me and I get back in the hog just jump off the side and theres the hog, while they go after the other guy.

#7 whozyodaddy

whozyodaddy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 03:00 AM

QUOTE (AnThRaX @ Aug 23 2004, 03:56 AM)
Learn to fly with the hog when you get to the base you can hit the wall and hill just right to make the gunner fly he will land on the flag and im usually out on top he throws it up to me and I get back in the hog just jump off the side and theres the hog, while they go after the other guy.

Wow, never heard of that; are you serious?

#8 Crypty

Crypty

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 03:26 AM

QUOTE (AnThRaX @ Aug 23 2004, 03:56 AM)

That sounds very good but I would be impressed if you could do it consistently.

#9 AnThRaX

AnThRaX

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 04:16 AM

QUOTE (Crypty @ Aug 22 2004, 10:29 PM)
That sounds very good but I would be impressed if you could do it consistently.

Actually I can, after doing it so much with friends online (used to play all the time) I got used to it so did my partners to the point I didn't have to tell them.

#10 Jubei Yagyu

Jubei Yagyu

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 09:17 AM

there's always the damnation nade trick...
make sure you don't have full health, nade yourself a little if you do, you want either yellow health or no overshield left
as blue go up the red base ramp and get the flag, keepgoing til the corner, turn and immediately throw a frag in front of you on the ground, you should be running at the sniper bridge, and you'll pick up the flag again, jump just before the nade goes off.
you are aiming to kill yourself and launch the blue flag over the sniper bridge,
when you respawn at the blue base you should find the red flag touching down somewhere near the blue flag(if you got it right), go get it and score biggrin.gif

there's vids of it around...

#11 the 1 2 help !

the 1 2 help !

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 03:51 PM

get a pistol and get head shots !!! or get assault riffel or shotgun run in circles around enemy and shoot like hell, gets enemy confused ! mayb add a couple of jumps !
iv got a m8 oo as got all these extra things 4 halo eg u can play as.. the moniter, a sentinal,or elite ! and the shotgun shoots ''extra powerfull plasma !!''!!!!! and u can blast vehicles out of the level !! lurk.gif

#12 Master-Chief

Master-Chief

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 23 August 2004 - 04:06 PM

Everyone knows these tricks, but I guess I will say them anyways:

In BG, you should have 3 people to pull this off. 2 people heading to the enemie's base to get the flag. One person on top of the base killing and the other sneaking inside the base. The 3rd person should be camping at the teleporter with either a warthog or some other vehicle (you don't HAVE to HAVE a vehicle, but it works better this way). The person in the base gets the flag and throws it up to the person on top through the top hole in the base. The person on top of the base who now has the flag goes through the teleporter. The third player camping at the teleporter just blocks it off and kills the people that come through and then, you are untouchable!

In Hang 'em High, just throw the flag in the middle and have someone else pick it up while you are spawn camping. The Blue Team is always better in this level for CTF because you can score "backdoor". One person throws the flag in the middle and then camps at the spawn points. The other guy goes and gets the flag and takes it to the blue base through the tunnel ramp (where you can either go straight up to your base or make a right to shotgun area. If you have a 3rd person, get him to stand near the tombstone on your base in the shadowed area. You can then throw him the flag if you are in the tunnel that goes into shotgun area. Just find the green arrows and look up and press R to throw it to him. He can then jump on the tombstone and jump onto the flag area and score.

I know many other tricks, but I am too lazy to type anymore. laugh.gif

By the way, this information is coming from a Halo Elite (me). If you want to challenge me, just PM me and I will go 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 (not 1v1.. I suck at that) with you and some friends. wink.gif

#13 DrFrreezz

DrFrreezz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 06:06 PM

X X Y passive reload trick is always helpful

Edited by DrFrreezz, 23 August 2004 - 06:07 PM.

#14 AnThRaX

AnThRaX

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 09:04 PM

In hang em high with the flag you can jump and crouch in the air on top of the thing on the far right of the base then jump on to the base then jump and put the flag on without being noticed.

#15 flashfreak

flashfreak

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 23 August 2004 - 10:15 PM

some of these ideas sounds awesome, i'll have to try them. especially the one with 3 ppl and one waiting at the smelleporter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users