4 replies to this topic

#1 Gee_UK

Gee_UK

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 10:00 AM

Hello! To make backups of my originals games I understand You have to install the evox dashboard, but ive heard there is a way without installing the dash by using the menu system or something. If so how?

Got my AO4 today, just waiting for my X-ecuter now. biggrin.gif

Thanks in advance.

#2 opjose

opjose

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE (Gee_UK @ Aug 6 2002, 09:00 AM)
Hello! To make backups of my originals games I understand You have to install the evox dashboard, but ive heard there is a way without installing the dash by using the menu system or something. If so how?

Got my AO4 today, just waiting for my X-ecuter now. biggrin.gif

Thanks in advance.

wink.gif

If your Xbox MOD chip supports the "reset trick", then you could boot up then Evolution-X cd, eject it and insert the DVD that you want to back up.

Then FTP away.

#3 WiKKiD

WiKKiD

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 02:53 PM

If you're asking if MS was kind enough to provide you with a way to rip your games to hd, the answer is no.. Think boy, think.

#4 Gee_UK

Gee_UK

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (WiKKiD @ Aug 6 2002, 01:53 PM)
If you're asking if MS was kind enough to provide you with a way to rip your games to hd, the answer is no.. Think boy, think..

No, I wasnt, think kid think, read the thread properly. OPJOSE, yup, ive pre-oredered x-ecuter. cheers

#5 WiKKiD

WiKKiD

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 10:45 PM

My bad, as you haven't used evo-x your teminology is a bit off, confused me.. Anyways, trust me, you will want to install the evo-x dash no matter what.. The ms dash is never gone, so there's no real reason to not use the evo-x... When it comes to copying games, you will need additional software on top of evo-x called xbcopy. I don't quite know how you'll run xbcopy without using evo-x... But again, once you see, odds are you will just wanna install evo-x to your xbox wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users