#1 viss61

viss61

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 23 August 2004 - 07:08 PM

I have used dvd decrypter to decode some dvd's into vob files. I have then transferred the actual vob files to my xbox and viewed them using xbmc. The video quality is very poor, comparable to VHS. This is using a monster component cable in 480p. When I watch the same files on my computer they are sharp and crisp. What is going wrong here? Also will I have the same problem if the files are streamed?

#2 JayDee

JayDee

X-S Legend

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,750 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 23 August 2004 - 07:20 PM

Mplayer users can get a list of deinterlacing options by typing mplayer -pphelp at the command line.
Find the option that you want to use, and then use the -vf pp=<option> syntax to activate the option.

For example, I usually use the lb option, which is done with the command: mplayer -vf pp=lb, followed by whatever other options you would normally use to play the DVD.

Try md, fd.. and see if you get better results.

Use the -vf pp=<option> syntax to activate the option

Note that adding it to mplayer.conf does not require you to add that '-' just "vf=filmdint"

(Copy and pasted from a mIRC log from last night with some of the team members of XBMC)

I hope this helps.

#3 viss61

viss61

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 August 2004 - 03:59 AM

well, I appreciate the help, but that was a little above my head. I am very new to XBMC. I can't find a file called mplayer.conf and I don't know what command line you are talking of.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users