9 replies to this topic

#1 Magimog

Magimog

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 03:12 AM

I wanted to change a skin in BSX, and after a few seconds it gave me a black screen... usually that means to restart the xbox. After i pressed the eject button to fire it back up it hangs at the xbox splash screen... and NOTHING works... games, cd's.. anything

none of my evox boot discs work either! What did I do wrong? If anyone can give help it would be VERY appreciated! I think this may have fried my xbox... sad.gif

#2 PID

PID

X-S Senior Member

• PipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 24 August 2004 - 03:24 AM

You didn't edit the config.xbx to point to whatever your bsxdash.xbe was renamed too.

Sounds to me like you "patched" your evoxdash or xboxdash or whatever you boot too, patching it with the colourpatcher that comes with BSX when you changed your skin.

Check your in config.xbx so that xbe name matches the name of your BSXdash.xbe (Whatever you renamed it too).

You also need to restore the .xbe you corrupted with BSX by skinswapping.

The above should not stop you booting a Disc though. Not sure why you can't boot anything. Are you running a softmod or a chip ?

Edited by PID, 24 August 2004 - 03:26 AM.

#3 CrakkedOut

CrakkedOut

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 24 August 2004 - 03:38 AM

also why are you resetting the xbox any way. you select the new skin and it does a soft reset on its own.

#4 Magimog

Magimog

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 03:39 AM

I'm chipped...

I wasnt even trying to really mess around with the dash, I only run it as an application to play my music MS Dash style...

I think i patched my BSX a while ago, but again i dont remember because i dont use it all that often... this really sucks!

I tried it all again, games not booting, music cd's not booting, evox boot cd not loading.... grr

#5 Magimog

Magimog

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 03:42 AM

@CrakkedOut :

I only did that because as it was soft-resetting it would hang at a black screen and pressing the eject button would restart the xbox...

@PID :

I'm not sure if it helps, but I have since shut it off and restarted it. I normally run UnleashX as a normal dash...

#6 PID

PID

X-S Senior Member

• PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 03:50 AM

What do you boot to ??

The .xbe name I mean ?

unxdash.xbe ?

#7 Magimog

Magimog

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 04:18 AM

I boot to evoxdash.xbe, which is unleashx...

#8 PID

PID

X-S Senior Member

• PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 04:26 AM

Then you corrupted the evoxdash.xbe when you applied a skin in BSX (Assuming your config.xbx was set to evoxdash that is)

This should not stop you booting from a disc though (I assume you still have your M$dash intact on C:)

If you have another bootable dashboard on your box you may want to try flashing a bios to your chip that points to it so you can fix your files. (Still not sure why you can't boot from a disc tho, if what I think has happened you should be able to boot a disc)

Also if you disable your chip what happens ? Do you get into the M$dash ?

#9 Magimog

Magimog

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 04:48 AM

holy lord.. that sounds like a handful... but thankfully i have all the tools to do all that...

about the redirecting... cant i just flash a bios that just points to evoxdash again? or is it hard to do that?

and apparently my msdash is set to something else, as it boots to a error 13...

So if i were to just reflash my chip and stick it back in i should be ok?

#10 PID

PID

X-S Senior Member

• PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 06:31 AM

Only if you have a bootable dashboard you can point it too.

Your Evoxdash.xbe is now corrupted. You need to copy unleashX back on and rename it.

Then configure BSX correctly before changing a skin smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users