• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 DrPulp

DrPulp

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 01:28 PM

Is there any way to FTP an ISO file to the XBox HHD and then use a tool to extract it to a folder on the XBox HDD ?
It seems easyer to FTP over one big file, then like 2000 files and folders

And affter the ISO is extracted, just delete the iso..

Plz let me know if this i possible..

ph34r.gif ph34r.gif

#2 WiKKiD

WiKKiD

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 02:52 PM

Would be easier, would be quicker, will be availbe sometime soon I don't doubt.. But I don't think you'll need to worry about extracting it once it's there.

I'm not begging, and in no way critisizing anything any xbox coder has done, I bow down to their skills...

I'm quite sure one of the next steps in the xbox progression will be a tool like "daemon tools" for the pc, which will allow us to mount an .iso image and play away without ever needing to extract.

Again, I'm not begging or critisizing, and if there's a reason this isn't possible that I don't know of, I humbly withdraw this statement.. But as far as I can tell, I don't think we're far off seeing "Daemon Tools-X" or something along those lines.

#3 uniblab

uniblab

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 06 August 2002 - 05:01 PM

xboxplorer does one better...lets you copy cdr/dvd straight to hd, so you never even go over the network. problem with ftp'ing a single file, is if it craps out in the middle, you have to resend (unless evox supports resume which I would GUESS it doesn't)

#4 SpinDemon

SpinDemon

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 August 2002 - 09:13 PM

EvoX doesn't support resume as of yet unfortunately. As for BoXplorer, the current build (.95) is great but copying a game to the Xbox hdd is still not as comprehensive as it needs to be. You can indeed copy all of the files from the disc (drive d:) to the Xbox hard drive ( only drive e: is supported currently) . The problem is that BoXplorer does not allow copying to subfolders. You can only copy the discs contents to a root drive. It's no big deal though, as you can simply ftp into the xbox afterwards and tidy up the file structure. I'm sure this will be resolved in future builds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users