#1 fire2501

fire2501

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 24 August 2004 - 09:20 PM

i cant ftp to my xbox cux i dont have a crossover cable to i was wondering can i just burn the emulator games i want and the emulator files to a disk and put it in my xbox and copy the files to my box?? i have a samsung in my box so im not worried about disk compatibility

#2 scryed

scryed

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 09:24 PM

Well if you're going through the route of not using FTP totally. Which I had to do because of issues Im having with it. I would say load into your xbox boxplorer and DVD2Xbox. I know boxplorer has a load from disk function, I dont know about D2X. But from then on there, you can use those programs to copy from disk to xbox quite easily. I dont have the samsung dvd drive so I just burn DVD movies to copy my programs and files into mine.

#3 fire2501

fire2501

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 09:42 PM

ok i have boxexplorer and dvd to xbox but how do u burn the files on??? because the xbox wont just read a disk with files on it i tried.. so what do u have to do to get the xbox to read the files on the disk so u can copy them to the xbox hardrive??

#4 scryed

scryed

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 09:52 PM

Read the readme text from Boxplorer, it will tell you how to boot from disk. smile.gif

#5 fire2501

fire2501

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 10:06 PM

i dont want to boot from boxexplorer disk... i have boxexplorer installed and i want to make it so i can read files off a cd in my xbox and copy them to my hardrive... how do i do that??

#6 scryed

scryed

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 10:19 PM

Well you have to either A. Have a disk that has a xbox ISO on it, meaning having an xbox image on it (you can goto the tools section and see the ISO tools that they have on there) or you could be weird like me and burn a DVD movie. To burn a DVD some normal DVD movie files with the video_ts folder and load up the audio_ts folder with what you want to have in the xbox. Load the disk after you have the EvoX loaded. There are tutorials on how to burn a disk with an xbox iso and stuff. Either way you will get the results you are looking for. Its not the idea of disk compability issues you are facing right now such DVD or CD. Its not recognizing it because it thinks its not something the xbox software wise.

#7 fire2501

fire2501

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 10:35 PM

k thanks for the help... but also can i do the dvd movie thing in nero but burn to cd instead of dvd because im not at home right now and all i have is a cd burner!

#8 scryed

scryed

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 10:39 PM

Never tried.... But you have nothing to lose since it wouldnt hurt your box.

#9 fire2501

fire2501

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 10:41 PM

k im trying right now.... if this doesn't work then i guess im screwed for the week or im going to have to hit a radio shack and pic up a crossover cable

#10 fire2501

fire2501

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 10:43 PM

no it didn't work... im also thinking that i might need a dummy file... when u do urs do u have anything else other then the files your buring on it?? or do you actually put a movie on it as a dummy file??

#11 scryed

scryed

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 01:43 AM

when you burn with nero with a DVD for video, you have to put your xbox files within the audio folder and you need to put some actual DVD video files such a .VOB within it, then nero will let you burn the file, other then that it wont let you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users