7 replies to this topic

#1 pastrami

pastrami

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 04:08 AM

I just purchased a new xbox, and I'm thinking of paying someone on craigslist to install the mod chip and install evox.

How do I determine what modchip I should ask him to install and what other stuff should I ask for? i.e version of evox or dashboard.

Also, once I got it how what can I do to ensure a good job was done/

thanks in adv. sorry for the n00b question.

#2 chasealicious11

chasealicious11

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 25 August 2004 - 05:03 AM

depends where do you live?
Do you know how to solder?

Guys on this forum are pretty experianced (B/S/T Forum)

#3 illmatik

illmatik

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 05:17 AM

I believe his question was what modchip is best for his current situation.

If you haven't considered it..maybe you should give softmodding a try. You can do it yourself without even opening your box, and it has all the advantages of a normal mod chip minus the xbox live. But if you do it right (ldots UDE installer) you can uninstall the exploit, go on Live, and install back easily.

Just a thought

#4 pastrami

pastrami

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 05:29 AM

QUOTE (chasealicious11 @ Aug 25 2004, 06:06 AM)
depends where do you live?
Do you know how to solder?

Guys on this forum are pretty experianced (B/S/T Forum)

I'm from the bayarea california smile.gif

#5 chasealicious11

chasealicious11

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 25 August 2004 - 06:25 AM

Ahh my brother lives there and gets some stuff off craigs list just checking well is there an xbox modders section on it? or what are you looking for I would rather look here, I know I live in santa barbara my bro could bring it town during thanksgiving but first look here or look into shipping unless you know those guys are good, for chips many people suggest xecuter 2.3b or now xecuter 3 is comming out, but if you don't want to spend a lot of money i suggest aladdin but just depends what you want if you just want live and evox and aladdin is really all you need but some people like the external programmers

so basically aladdin should be fine for you, you want evox (it is the easiest to use), dvd2xbox, prob some ftp client for the xbox or a filemanager, and i would get complex tools as well

Edit: you should also get a bigger hard drive if you want to store any media ranging from your game backups (that you own) to your videos or pictures

Edited by chasealicious11, 25 August 2004 - 06:25 AM.

#6 atomiX

atomiX

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts
  • Interests:Doesn't matter...
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 August 2004 - 07:01 AM

you can check the modchip installers forums for installers in your area and their feedback. also, before sending it in, mark every large part (mobo, HD, DVD, PSU,...) with your initials (or something you will recognise) using a permanent marker since crooked installers may switch parts (like exchange a samsung drive for a thomson). be cautious.

#7 pastrami

pastrami

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 25 August 2004 - 04:39 PM

Thanks for the replies fellas ... yeah, I don't know the people who's posting on craigslist, there's about 3 regulars that post their pretty much everyday.

For the mod chip, which specific alladin model should I look for? And should I be worried about clones? I'll definitely check out the other forum for modders.

Basically, I'm planning to use my xbox for avis (anime!), some rmvb files, mp3s, and some xbox games. I've already picked up a 160G seagate from frys that I'm planning on popping in ...

Any other suggestions what I should look out for?

thanks again.

#8 majin_lyndon

majin_lyndon

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 01:22 AM

If I were you I'd use:

XBIT mod chip, as all you have to do is line up the pins and screw it in. It also supports practically everything

Executer 2 Final bios

SLayers Evox 2.6 auto installer from ***********. This will install Evox dashboard, XBMC, emulators, the works!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users