7 replies to this topic

#1 foocankill

foocankill

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 23 January 2003 - 07:27 AM

i recently saw the mod to make a switch for your tsop, so since my tsop is flashed i decided to try it, i installed the switches and made sure they were off. then i flashed with a bios i made, the first half was 2 original 3944 and the second half was 2 multiversion x2 4974 multiversion bioses. after i flashed it evox turned my xbox off like usual. now when i boot up my box turns on, then off, then on, then off, then back on and flashes red/green, oh and there is no picture. does anyone know what this error means, i hope its not a bad bios i made because i would be pretty much fucked, unless i got a modchip. i made the bios with x2bm. maybe x2bm doesnt work with tsop?

thanks for your help

#2 foocankill

foocankill

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 23 January 2003 - 07:56 AM

oh also another question i read on how to reflash my tsop with a matrix using this http://www.xbox-scen...tsop-matrix.php , but because i have to solder to that extremely hard pin and i would not want to do that, i was wondering if while my xbox was on, i could just unscrew the matrix and flash my tsop like normal.

#3 Xustu

Xustu

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 23 January 2003 - 08:20 AM

OK. I know this isn't very organized but.... here goes anyway.

Are you sure you picked the correct retail bios? The number matching the bios is on the motherboard so if you see 4034 anywhere on there, you picked the wrong one.

I'm not sure which point your saying is hard to solder. If you arn't confident with your solder skills you may wanna have someone help you out.

How did you get your switches (or switch or... whatever) connect?

One last thing.....
I'm using a multibios tsop set up like this: evo2.6+evo2.6+evo2.6+original4034
If you ever get your mechine back up and running, for future reference you may wanna try a bios set up with the retail in the 4th section as that is the part of the bios the stock xbox (a18 & a19 ungrounded) looks for.

Also, just to make sure, if you have an upgraded HD..... you locked it right?

Sorry if none of this garbage helps you
xustu

#4 foocankill

foocankill

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 23 January 2003 - 08:38 AM

i forgot to lock it, but that shouldnt matter because i tried booting into the xecuter 2 bios anyways. im pretty sure that i just did a bad tsop flash because i just rechecked the bottom of my mobo and it looks as if the solder fell off that jumpered the two points together =( looks like im in the same mess as all the other people that made a bad tsop flash.

#5 foocankill

foocankill

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 23 January 2003 - 08:40 AM

the weird thing though is that when i was flashing my bios it erased perfect, and wrote perfect, then when it went to start up it didnt work. and i also checked my bios file i used with a checker and it said everything was good. i dont get it!!!

#6 Xustu

Xustu

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 23 January 2003 - 08:49 AM

OH DUH!!!

I should have seen this before. Sorry. You're trying to use the multiplatform bios with a retail and this has been proven not to work. You need to use 4973 or evo 2.6. The 4974 and the D.6 have never worked in combination with the retail bios for anyone on this board. JaXbox figured this out a little while ago. I promise you that is your problem. SO if you've got a mod like an x2l or a matrix. just rebuild a new bios, flash, and you're done.

Sorry I didn't notice this before
xustu

#7 foocankill

foocankill

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 23 January 2003 - 05:33 PM

thanks a million bro

#8 foocankill

foocankill