• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 xf4i

xf4i

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 07:52 PM

im new to this... how do i change it to my city? any help would be great thanks.

#2 Griffen37

Griffen37

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 26 August 2004 - 07:59 PM

Go into XBMC settings and choose weather. Go to the slot you want and use the keyboard to type in the name of the City, State (use the 2-letter state abbrev). It will search and give you a list. Select one off the list. THe slot will still have an incomprehensible name, but the weather will be collected for the city you specified. It would be great if XBMC: A) confirmed that the slot config had been changed, and/or B ) changed the name of the slot to match the city it had located, but this latter change only happens in the weather page after you've refreshed the slot and then it converts back if you exit.

Edited by Griffen37, 26 August 2004 - 07:59 PM.

#3 nimbles

nimbles

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • Interests:Student, Mathematical Finance.<br>Most sports, footbal (Arsenal fan), cricket &amp; rugby<br>Movie Junkie.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 26 August 2004 - 07:59 PM

settings->my weather

search for you town in there- and set your temp/windspeed prefs there too smile.gif

#4 xf4i

xf4i

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 08:20 PM

thanks guys... i was putting to much info on the search: city, state, zip... i also found out that if you just put the zip code in the search it uses that as the label in the settings.

#5 Griffen37

Griffen37

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 26 August 2004 - 08:38 PM

That's awesome. Never tried just the zip. I'll give that a shot as soon as I get home.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users