7 replies to this topic

#1 Lyger

Lyger

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 27 August 2004 - 04:14 AM

I was wondering if it makes a difference which way it is done. Is one faster or safer?

#2 S1lenT_X

S1lenT_X

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Xbox, Electronics, Movies, Modding.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 27 August 2004 - 04:16 AM

I've had nothing but good experiences with Evox. However, if you have reliable FTP, i see no reason why FlashFXP wouldn't do just as well.

#3 atomiX

atomiX

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts
  • Interests:Doesn't matter...
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 August 2004 - 04:20 AM

both are as reliable as they come. it's just that FTP is a bit more complicated that evox but if you don't like scripting your evox.ini (not that hard) then FTP might be faster for you.

#4 uknowho008

uknowho008

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 August 2004 - 04:25 AM

i was wondering if there was a way to copletely reformat and repartition my drive i tried xboxhd maker to wipe partition table and redid c and e without redoing f so i could do the f over again with evo x so i could get g partition to work but when i put it back together my f was not eraised i didnt seem to be able to make a g i have a 160g hard drive also do x2 4977 bios support g if not can i flash new bios using evox or do i need to use raincoat thx and sorry for butting in

#5 atomiX

atomiX

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 04:38 AM

if you want to get G:, the bios you are using when formatting needs to support G: as well. get the X2 4981.67 or 4983.67 and flash it to your chip. after that is done, format and you shoudl get your G:

#6 uknowho008

uknowho008

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 August 2004 - 04:45 AM

can i tsop using evox or do i nead raincoat

#7 atomiX

atomiX

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 05:10 AM

depends what TSOP you have. winbond TSOPs don't work well in evox. evox will work but i would still recommend raincoat either way.

#8 NghtShd

NghtShd

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Interests:Trying to think of absolutely nothing for extended periods.
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 27 August 2004 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE (uknowho008 @ Aug 27 2004, 12:28 AM)
i was wondering if there was a way to copletely reformat and repartition my drive i tried xboxhd maker to wipe partition table and redid c and e without redoing f so i could do the f over again with evo x so i could get g partition to work but when i put it back together my f was not eraised i didnt seem to be able to make a g i have a 160g hard drive also do x2 4977 bios support g if not can i flash new bios using evox or do i need to use raincoat thx and sorry for butting in

XBpartitioner will work with your BIOS and allow you to partition and format most any way you like. I wouldn't recommend changing the sizes of partitions C, E, X-Z, but any other way you want to configure the rest of the space is fine. It can also just format partitions without changing them if that's all you need.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users