No replies to this topic

#1 lalaxbox

lalaxbox

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 04:15 AM

1.0. smartxx 2.0 Just redid the hard drive with a 40gb. kept the origional dashboard, (well, recopied, the origional hdd died), and put the xboxmediacenter. I've kept the thompsons dvd drive, made a 4 plug ide, and switched the 23rd line (device select). the extra plug goes to an external pc-cdrom(50x). Everything works fine... but...

When i want to play games, i have to unplug the pccdrom, make sure the switch is set right, and the dvd will work. flawlessly. if i want to use the cdrom, I plug IDE in, set the switch, and go. In order for XBMC to recognize I switched discs in the cdrom, i have to 1)switch the discs, 2)hit the eject button onthe xbox, to open & close the dvd tray 3) use the disc normally.

weird... like it dont know its there....

also, the dvdrom will not work if that cdrom is on the IDE bus. It refuses to be recognized, or accept commands, other than the big EJECT button.

Now, i don't mind these small quirks, but is there somehting i CAN do about this? i just wanted to play divx movies, but the kid wants her games too. We both can use this easily, but i was curios if i could just use the switch (or mabey switch more lines on the ide bus?, change the mod? it is in pieces now...)

Anyone know wazzup?

lalaxbox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users