• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LilBigwheel

LilBigwheel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 04:46 AM

Hi, I just purchased a Linksys router, replacing my old dell one that constantly malfunctioned. Well, this new router will not assign an ip address to my xbox which is connected normally (non-wireless)- Is there any reason why my old router would recognise the xbox's existence and why this new one will not. I need to ftp to it again. THanks a ton!!

P.S.- I can get a connection through LinksBoks, so that is what is really confusing me

#2 LilBigwheel

LilBigwheel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 05:04 AM

It can access the internet through Linksboks, so is there any reason why there is not an ip address for it

#3 cyberdork33

cyberdork33

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Linux, Space
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 August 2004 - 04:26 PM

QUOTE (LilBigwheel @ Aug 27 2004, 06:07 AM)
It can access the internet through Linksboks, so is there any reason why there is not an ip address for it

that doesn't really make sense... your xbox would have to have an ip assigned in order to access the web... is your xbox set to static ip or dynamic?

#4 ragnar999

ragnar999

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 04:31 PM

Go into your xbox dash and find out what IP it has.

then try ping it from your pc.

Is your router DHCP turned on? Is your XP set up to get automatic IP or is it Static?

My guess is that the reason your xbox is getting out to internet is becuase default gateway is correct. But you are trying to FTP to your xbox using its old IP.

You need to get into Xbox dash and find out the IP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users