4 replies to this topic

#1 olfogie12

olfogie12

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 03:52 PM

I've been trying to install a different unleash skin but have'nt figured out yet what im doing. I used the tutorial on making unleash my default dashboard and it works supper. Now that its working perfect I want to change the default skin but when I was reading the the tutorial I downloaded for using unleash it refered to creating a skin folder in the directory where unleash was installed but unleash was'nt placed in a seperate folder on my "c" drive it was just copied to it and renamed to evoxdash as per the instructions. So now i've no idea as to what im supposed to do. I would appreciate it if someone clue me as to what I need to do now. THANKS!!!

#2 Van_Koo_Ver

Van_Koo_Ver

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 04:21 PM

153 posts and you're asking this question? wink.gif

Create a folder on your C: drive called SKINS. Place another folder with your new skin in it, into the SKINS folder. From the Ux UI select SKINS and then navigate to your new skin (the only folder listed).

Voila.

My favourite skin is still the animated fireplace, keeps the place virtually warm.

#3 jonathan2007

jonathan2007

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 27 August 2004 - 06:15 PM

give him a break. he is new to UnleashX. people arn't going to want to use UnleashX if people like you put them down. may i be the first to welcome you olfogie12 to UnleashX. you need to create a folder under C called Skins. then download some skins from xbox-skins.net or allxboxskins.com. then put their folder under C:\Skins. so for BlueAssasin it would be C:\Skins\BlueAssasin. the blueassasin folder would contain the images for the skin and the skin.xml. you can change skins in UX by going to system and then skins. you can also download skins using UX if you have the internet hooked up to your box. press Y when on the skin selection screen and then choose one of the 2 sites and press A. then scroll in the list to find a skin you want. if you want to see a preview of the skin before you download it press the black button. if you want to download a skin you can press the A or X button to check that skin and then press Start to download the skin(s). good luck. smile.gif beerchug.gif

#4 Van_Koo_Ver

Van_Koo_Ver

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 07:09 PM

I wasn't putting him down at all, I was just poking him in the arm biggrin.gif

I'm fairly new to UnleashX too and just recently (past 2 days) realized that you can download skins from within UnleashX. Great feature!!

I just found out you can download saved games too so feel free to poke me in the arm/eye if you like.

Edited by Van_Koo_Ver, 27 August 2004 - 07:11 PM.

#5 olfogie12

olfogie12

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 08:34 AM

Thanks for the intel guys i'll give your suggestions a try and I have to say now that i've got my ftp working for unleash its worth taking a few pokes as this is one bad ass dash and fankly I checked out some of the other dashes before switching and in my opinon the unleash team should get the gold for all their hard work that they've put in on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users