2 replies to this topic

#1 ShastaO

ShastaO

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 06:12 PM

My friend and I have identical Xboxes - same HDD, DVD-ROM, motherboard, everything. I put a X2 2.3b Lite in each. For a while, everything was fine. Then he unplugged his box for a while, losing the date/time. When I tried to launch the MS Dash from EvoX, I got MS error 21. The filename of his MS dash is msxboxdash.xbe, and this is correctly reflected in the evox.ini file.

My Xbox is still fine and has no problems loading the MS dash with the exact same settings.

I know he used to be able to launch the MS Dash, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to set the date/time when I first installed the chip. I also know he didn't change any kind of configuration settings or anything, because he's pretty clueless about the whole process and scared to screw up.

So he didn't mess with anything, and it screwed up anyway! sad.gif

Any ideas?

#2 jack2004

jack2004

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 27 August 2004 - 06:25 PM

that xbox has corupt ms dash if you have back up you can reinstall it other while you need slayer to reinstall original dash

#3 ShastaO

ShastaO

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 07:40 PM

Thanks. I was thinking that might be a possibility, but hadn't tested it yet. My own box had a few gamesave files go corrupt.

Files never get corrupted on the five hard drives in my computer, yet I'm working with two Xbox hard drives and files get corrupted on both. I wonder what's up with that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users