mrjkwik

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,483 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 August 2004 - 07:50 PM

ok, chips in, os boots up. i loaded the tsop, and can usually launch it. sometimes its finicky, and i have to try a few times, but eventually goes there.

now, i have the x2 4983, 4981, and 4977. now i edited 4977 using xbtool (since that seems to be the only one out of the 3 that it would let me) to launch avalauch from C:/avalaunch.xbe and i moved all the files over to c drive in the right spot.

but everytime i launch the bios, the led changes to the color i chose (red), makes some noise, shuts, down, then reboots to the os giving me a kernal panic. so i went to retail, put time in, rebooted back to os, tried to launch the bios again, and same thing. checked the clock, it didnt hold the settings.

so as it boils down, the bios wont launch, the dash wont launch, and the clock wont hold time. oh, and after the panic the eject flashes red. any takers on this issue?

*EDIT* out of nowhere, x2 4983 is working. so i just deleted 4977. anybody know what was going wrong with it though. would still be nice to know, just in case something like that ever happens again.

Edited by mrjkwik, 27 August 2004 - 08:04 PM.

#2 dbldown768

dbldown768

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 August 2004 - 08:16 PM

just use the 4983 bios...its much metter, has been fixed many times. U can use the name avaluanch.xbe to launch the dashboard, you dont need to edit the bios, and you cant anyway.

as far as the kernal panic make sure you update the OS on the ICE chip to the most current version - that was fixed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users