• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 XboxElite[Swikcorp]

XboxElite[Swikcorp]

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 August 2004 - 10:15 AM

My friend recently used my xbox when I wasn't there and he placed Rainbow 6 into the DVD-ROM. He then went to Play On Xbox Live and installed the bastard! So... when I try to boot EvoX from the HDD it won't work... I got EvoX 3935 off of the net and built an xISO, then burnt it onto a CD-RW and placed it into my XBOX... *The disc you are trying to use is either dirty or damaged!* I was pissed... and I mean pissed... So i burned EvoX onto a DVD Disc... Same Message! By now I was on the edge of killing somebody... can anyone help me resolve my prob?

Xbox V 1.0 (Got It First Day)
Xecuter 2.x
Forgotten what Bios

Used both Media-Cache CD-RW and Mitsubishi DVD+R! I burned disc at once but have not created a dummy file(should i do this?).

Help... I am beginning to lose hope! grr.gif

#2 afandiewinter

afandiewinter

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 28 August 2004 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (XboxElite[Swikcorp] @ Aug 28 2004, 06:18 PM)
My friend recently used my xbox when I wasn't there and he placed Rainbow 6 into the DVD-ROM. He then went to Play On Xbox Live and installed the bastard! So... when I try to boot EvoX from the HDD it won't work... I got EvoX 3935 off of the net and built an xISO, then burnt it onto a CD-RW and placed it into my XBOX... *The disc you are trying to use is either dirty or damaged!* I was pissed... and I mean pissed... So i burned EvoX onto a DVD Disc... Same Message! By now I was on the edge of killing somebody... can anyone help me resolve my prob?

Xbox V 1.0 (Got It First Day)
Xecuter 2.x
Forgotten what Bios

Used both Media-Cache CD-RW and Mitsubishi DVD+R! I burned disc at once but have not created a dummy file(should i do this?).

Help... I am beginning to lose hope! grr.gif

get slayers evox disc and burn it at the slowest speed possible on your burner on the most expensive CDRW u can get.

#3 XboxElite[Swikcorp]

XboxElite[Swikcorp]

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 02:49 AM

Well... I just assumed that if I was to use the same CD-RW that worked with copying music onto my box that it would work... but are you telling me otherwise?

#4 XboxElite[Swikcorp]

XboxElite[Swikcorp]

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 07:59 AM

Where do i get slayers disc from!!!???

#5 theman0521

theman0521

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 05:45 PM

Sorry, Nobody can tell you that it is against forum rules. I think it is even against the rules to ask for it. You have to search for it. Try google!

This however is besides the point, slayers will still give you the same problem. you problem is with your media. Look under the backup forum under the pinned posts for important / key threads. In here you will be able to find out what dvd drive you have and what is the best media for that drive.

Yes the same cd used for copy music will not work. Try getting a brand new one of the type that worked in the first place. If not try other brands. Burn it as slow as possible with a dummy file.

This problem can only be fixed by finding the right media. Try each one several times. Turn on, load disc. Reboot atleast 3-5 times with each disc.

#6 XboxElite[Swikcorp]

XboxElite[Swikcorp]

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 September 2004 - 07:48 AM

Yeah, thnx... It's a shame my original boot disc on a TDK Disc went walk abouts... i'll see if i cam get my hands on one of them!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users