• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dladowitz

dladowitz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 January 2003 - 07:43 PM

I have a problem hopefully some of you can assist me with: I have flashed evox on my matirx chip, installed the chip correctly, and burned the appropriate ISO file onto CDRWs on various brands.

RIght now, I am stumped as to how to make the xbox read/bootup the media (after trying BOTH the xbox drive AND several IDE CDROM/DVD players to read the discs).

I've tried different types of media, different CD/DVD drives, and even different IDE cables, but I keep getting the familiar "Ooops..Error 5/7" message. mad.gif grr.gif

My setup for trying these other drives to play the ISO-burned CDRW discs: I keep the power to the xbox drive connected & I use a PC to power the IDE drive. I then connect the xbox drive-side cable to a few CD/DVD drives, and I _still_ can't boot up the disc on the xbox. Obviously, I've tried (with multiple media types/brands) to load it from the xbox drive, but to no avail.

I know the matrix is working for sure, but I can't get past this step. I've asked a few ppl about this and they are stuck as well. I can still play games with xbox games, so I know the dvd and hard drives are working..

Any help would be much appreciated!!

Thanx!!
-J

#2 MorfiusX

MorfiusX

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 23 January 2003 - 08:36 PM

Check out HSDEMONZ burning guide.